Maybelline Babe

Maybelline Powder Concealer Mascara Haul Review Swatches

As I was purchasing these items and placing them in my makeup collection, I realized that most of my products are in fact by Maybelline. I guess that that's a good thing, in that it's quite convenient, but it doesn't leave much room for variety, but really at the end of the day, does it matter? Well maybe it does if you're a beauty blogger! Nonetheless, it's obvious I'm a Maybelline girl and so here are my latest beauty purchases:Maybelline Powder Concealer Mascara Haul Review Swatches



1. Maybelline New York Fit Me Concealer
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer Fair Review Haul
Shade: "15 - Fair"
So, I've heard a lot of raves about this concealer, all comparing it to the Nars Creamy Radiant Concealer which was actually on my Sephora Loves List (we all have one, don't we!). Obviously though, when you hear about a dupe that's more than 1/4 price of a Nars product, well, you gotta check it out! I was in need of a better concealer anyway, not being totally satisfied with my CoverGirl Ready Set Gorgeous Concealer, so I was really excited to try it out. Boy, I can tell you that I'm glad I did! It does everything you want a concealer to do: it's brightening and covers blemishes, redness, and dark circles with amazing quality and coverage. It's not drying (which I usually find is a concern for me) and it is very long lasting. I've never used the Nars concealer, but honestly, as soon as used this, I went straight to delete it from my Sephora Loves List! I should also mention to beware of a confusing shade mixup: shade 15 (Fair) is lighter than shade 10 (Light). I read this before I bought it, thankfully and I could totally see the difference in store. Just keep that in mind.

2. Maybelline New York Fit Me Matte + Powerless Powder
Maybelline Fit Me Powder Translucent 100 Review Swatch Haul
Maybelline Fit Me Powder Translucent 100 Review Swatch Haul

Maybelline Fit Me Powder Translucent 100 Review Swatch Haul
Shade: "100 - Transcluscent"
This powder is also part of the Maybelline Fit Me! range (it also contains a foundation too) and comes in a matte and non-matte formulation. Personally, I usually find that the purpose of a powder is to mattify your face, so naturally I went for the matte powder. I got the shade 100 (Translucent). It does provide pigmentation and offers perfect amount of coverage and matte power, removing oil and creating an airbrushed finish. I never really used powder as part of my makeup regime, but sometimes when it gets warmer, my makeup tends to slip and slide despite of the products I use. And also, I almost always prefer a matte look anyway.

3. Maybelline New York Lash Sensational Full Fan Effect Mascara
Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara Review
Colour: "Blackest Black"
I've already written about the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara on my previous drugstore beauty haul so I won't say too much about it except for that this mascara is most definitely my holy grail mascara! And that's exactly why this is my second purchase of this mascara. This version is a bit different, however since this is the "full fan effect" whereas the other has no special name, but I think Maybelline only sells this version now along with the new Black Pearl version. Nonetheless, I don't think this is any different than the other.

Let me know what you think about these products in the comments below!


6 comments:

  1. I really want to try the Lash Sensational I've heard amazing things. I love your blog layout too <3

    http://abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It really is amazing. And thank you! I love your blog layout too. :)

      Delete
  2. My sister & I tried Mayblline's skin primer and looooved it, so we were planning to try more of this brand! This was a great post for both of us to take a little note xx

    Kaylee | JK's Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I may have to try that out! Maybelline is definitely one of my favourites. I'm glad I helped!

      Delete
  3. I've been looking for a new concealer (I just use the collection one from bottle to bottle), and I'd completely forgot about the Maybelline FitMe Concealer! So, thanks for the gentle reminder! haha

    Also, great post!

    Katie | katieemmabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie, I'm glad I helped! I've heard great things about the Collection concealer, but unfortunately it's unavailable in Canada :(
      Glad you enjoyed the post!

      Delete