1 Year of Blogging

one year of blogging reflections advice
Actually a year and + 1 month in blogging. I can't believe that over a year has passed since I formed MademoiselleDena96. Since June 2015, this blog's experienced multiple layouts, designs, even content focuses, all leading up to what I am so proud of and has become one of the largest and most important things in my life. I'm not exactly sure what to include in this type of post, but I thought that I would just share with you my reflections.

First off, I want to thank you - my readers, a.k.a, my motivators. It's really my audience that pushes me to create quality and informative content. It's you that I keep in mind whilst typing up a post or taking a photo. So, thank you for your comments, follows, likes, and all the support. 

Also worth mentioning is what I've learned from blogging. Despite being behind a computer, camera, and phone, blogging has taught me a lot about the art of socialization, both casual and professional. I've entered a world that I had no experience in; talked with people of different professions and departments and fields that I was never familiar with, yet extremely intimidated by. I've gained insight into the things that I was merely fascinated with, but now am experienced and knowledgable about. I've collaborated with brands, done sponsorships, and even created my own perfume, all of which would not have occurred if I hadn't pursued this passion of mine. 

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, I found myself and I discovered my potentials and ambitions. A couple years ago, I placed myself as the opposite of a "creative person" - one who scoffed at and was uninterested in the idea of blogging and the arts and being a hands-on and tactile person. I can't believe that I now see myself as exactly that. I live for creation and thinking outside the box, whether that be in the form of text, photography, concepts, ideas, etc. This drive even enabled me to personally explore the hands-on craft of baking, even if just for fun! I proved to myself that I can learn and improve on things that I had no initial knowledge about: photography, editing, html coding, SEO, social media marketing, etc. The way I view things are now different: makeup and fashion are not just things that I passively enjoy anymore, but are things that I now treat seriously: learning techniques, terminology, etc. Not that there's anything wrong with leisurely appreciating something, but for me, these are things that I wanted to be more professional about as a blogger who strives to offer well-researched and thorough information to my readers. I found my drive, my true ambitions - not only in terms of career or occupation, but in terms of living life as a human. I'm not saying that I've abandoned my previous goals; I still value post-secondary and even graduate education and I plan on continuing that path, but overall, I've adjusted my values and realized what's truly important to me.

I'm not sure if this post was interesting to you as it hasn't really offered any information to you. I do hope, however, that this has encouraged you to pursue what you are passionate about, because the fact is that good things will come if you work hard at it. I personally am pushing myself to work harder and post a lot more frequently and offer more creative and innovative content, but sometimes, I feel that you should just pause, reflect on your accomplishments, and give yourself that deserved pat on the back!

And once again, thank you.

Follow

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 1 year x
    emmajaneswann.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 07, 2016

    Congratulations hun x

    http://beauty-voguex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your blog anniversary. Here is to even more years! I loved reading this post :)

    What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sarah! I'm glad you enjoyed the post :)

      Delete