How I Get Beauty & Fashion Inspiration.

where how i get beauty fashion inspiration
Inspiration plays a large role in just about everything we do. It's what enables us to think outside the box, conjure up innovative ideas, and explore concepts that we would not think of on our own. Inspiration comes from the most expected and unexpected places, and once it does, it becomes embedded into our minds, becoming a large component in the things we create or do. Sometimes, we willingly hunt for inspiration and at other times, we just simply come across it. The former can sometimes be difficult, and even frustrating if you don't look in the right places that can fulfill what you need. It's personally taken time to discover sources that I can consistently rely on when I'm on the hunt for beauty and fashion inspiration, but now that I have, I feel less limited and more creative, which is why I'd like to now share with you where I get my beauty and fashion inspiration:

Magazines. This source basically serves the purpose to offer inspiration and tips to its readers by catering to a multitude of categories and styles. Magazines are a great source as it provides visual and textual information and inspiration that you can properly gain knowledge from; basically like a really intriguing and fun textbook! My personal favourites are: Elle, People Stylewatch, and Life&Style (which is also a celebrity tabloid magazine - my guilty pleasure!).

Instagram & Bloggers. I put these two in the same category because nowadays, these two groups do indeed go hand-in-hand; I myself utilize Instagram as a way to expand my blog. So, most often, I keep tabs on some of my favourite beauty and fashion bloggers via their Instagram. Taking inspiration from people who you admire their makeup or style is a great source, although you should be careful not to copy! I personally have solidified what I want my style to be, so being inspired by other bloggers enables me to simply give me ideas on how to style or coordinate pieces that I already own. My favourite Instagram accounts/bloggers are: Kristina Bazan, Louise Roe, Julia Engel, Inthefrow, and Olivia Palermo (street style).

Celebrity Stalk. In line with the previous category, pinpointing your favourite celebrities such as actresses or singers in terms of their beauty and fashion style is also a way that I gain inspiration. Since these celebrities are not actually beauty or fashion bloggers, sometimes it takes voluntarily searching up their looks to gain inspiration. My personal favourites for beauty are Lily Collins, Kate Bosworth, and Elle Fanning. If you couldn't tell from these choices, I absolutely adore the "doll-like" makeup look (aka, excessive blush and doe-eyes). My favourite celebrities that rule the fashion game are: Alexa Chung, Kieran Shipka, Jamie King, and Emma Stone (red carpet). I'm definitely forgetting many more, but these are my top favourites. 

YouTube. When it comes to YouTube, I usually gain more beauty inspiration rather than fashion. In fact, I owe it to YouTube that made my makeup obsession flourish as well as bring me out of my comfort zone. My favourite beauty YouTubers are: simply_kenna, Mariah Leonard, Kate la Vie, and Tanya Burr. I enjoy a lot more YouTubers, but when it comes to makeup inspiration that fits my own makeup preferences, these are the ones that I can rely on. 

Tumblr. Nothing too specific here, but I can honestly say that tumblr has changed my life. It's a big statement, I know, but in more ways and aspects than one, tumblr has really shapened my values and preferences - including beauty and fashion. Take a look at my own tumblr to see what my own preferences are if you'd like, but in general, tumblr is a great inspiration source as you can find blogs that fit your style as well as venture into others that you may find that you also enjoy. 

Pinterest. You may be wondering how one can keep track of all these inspirations? How can one even remember all of them? Well, the answer is Pinterest. If you're not aware, Pinterest is where you can create "pin-boards", assign them to any category, and add or "pin" whatever images you'd like. So, whenever I come across anything that inspires me, I simply screenshot it, or take a picture of it, and pin it to the appropriate board on my profile. It's super convenient; whenever I feel like I'm in a rut, I simply scroll through my boards and instantly become inspired again. Also, Pinterest has its own search engine where you can simply enter in a tag, and then loads of images come up! You can check out my profile here.


So, here are my sources of gaining beauty and fashion inspiration. It can be quite difficult to think outside the box or come up with new and fresh ideas simply on your own. The interesting thing about inspiration is that sometimes, it can actually allow you to think of something completely different than what inspired you in the first place, by acting as a prompt instead. It's quite magical how inspiration can trigger things in your mind and conjure up innovative ideas that are still true to your own style and preferences, yet allows you to explore and discover new things. 

What's your favourite way to gain inspiration? 

Follow

6 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 14, 2016

    I love your ideas! x

    http://beauty-voguex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I'm glad you enjoyed them :)

      Delete
  2. My favourite way is definitely through instagram!! And after I see something there I 'research' it on youtube. Definitely will keep the other tricks in mind though next time!!

    If you have the time, would you like to check out my blog? I just started and am desperate for every piece of advice and help I can get!

    Love,
    http://dilarabosak.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YouTube is definitely where I do my "research" as well haha!

      Of course I'll check out your blog :) Congratulations on starting! My best advice is to just stay passionate about your blog and have fun!

      Delete
  3. I like to be the innovation in the space, but I find a lot of inspiration from Victoria (of InTheFrow) because she really does have a lot of excellent ideas and such a fresh look to her work! xx Adaleta Avdic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I admire her professionalism and I feel that we have similar fashion styles! She's definitely one of my favourites :)

      Delete