Welcome to the New Aesthetic.

dark academia aesthetic donna tartt the secret history the goldfinch
The Setting of the Sun - François Boucher

Hi there! It's been a while; my previous post was the first I published after almost two months. I've been busy, it's been crazy, etc... During that time, however, I've also gone through a personal change, style-wise which may be apparent by my new blog theme! I'm sure we've all shifted our styles and preferences numerous times throughout our lives, and now that I'm well into my 20s, I think it was due time to emerge out of my pink obsession and into a more classic and sophisticated one (not that pink isn't sophisticated! It's just a phase I'm growing out of). It's not that I was actively seeking a new aesthetic, it just happened naturally as all gradual changes do in our personalities and preferences. I've turned to different things and explored a new realm of art, music, fashion, books, etc.: my fascination in classic paintings; my new-found appreciation for Florence and the Machine; my discovery of the triad of Donna Tartt novels (dark academia aesthetic anyone? If you don't understand this, search the tag on tumblr or Pinterest!). Overall, this constitutes a new era for this blog, 'mademoiselledena 2.0', if you will - and I'm super excited. 

I'll be continuing to post my regular posts, but also adding some lifestyle in the mix with other types of beauty and fashion content. I just wanted to offer this update, and let you in on a few of my current favourite things and interests! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment