High Coverage Base Routine.

high coverage base maybelline fit me age rewind makeup forever primer zoeva rose gold concealer powder drugstore makeup
I recently did a post on my low coverage base routine which I apply on those days when I just want a bit of coverage. However, most often I'm opting for a higher coverage base which is mostly because I simply prefer and enjoy it more. Sometimes, I go for in between a very low and very high coverage, but these are the products I use for when I want coverage at its maximum.

The Primer. I don't apply a full face of primer, but when I want high coverage and more perfected skin, I like to use a spot-focused correcting primer such as this Make Up For Ever colour correcting primer for redness. Doing this creates a base that's already somewhat corrected before even applying foundation. 

The Foundation. Of course when it comes to a full coverage foundation, I'll go for a matte formulation. This is actually the foundation I use almost on a daily basis as I prefer a somewhat matte finish that is buildable to high coverage. I love it and it really does create a uniform and perfected base.

The Concealer. The Maybelline Fit Me is my holy grail concealer, however, when I want a bit of extra coverage that also does a little correcting, I use the Age Rewind. It's thicker than the Fit Me and as this neutralizer shade is quite yellow, it also corrects my dark under-eyes.

The Powder. I like to powder my entire face for a high coverage base and so I like to use this Fit Me matte powder that sets my makeup as well as minimizing the appearance of pores and other areas that can be more covered. This formula is very dense and since it's matte, it really locks in the base and offers an extra film of product on top of my foundation. 

The Brush. When I want a high coverage, I always use a flat-top kabuki brush. It's so dense, therefore it really stamps product into the skin rather than diffusing it out. Such a brush is really great for foundation, concealer, AND powder!


I personally don't attend the "baking" routine as it's just too much for me so I usually just stick to this routine. There are definitely additional ways to amp up the coverage, but for me this is probably the most I'll go. What is your preferred way to create a high-coverage base?

Follow


shop this post.

6 comments:

  1. I hadn't actually heard of spot focused correcting primer but it's definitely something I want now. I really loved this post seeing as I have acne prone skin.

    Beckie xo // The Pale Tails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be such a useful product! I'm glad I helped!

      Delete
  2. I like how these are mostly drugstore gems!
    Ela | www.stealingyoursunbeams.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ela! They really are great products that rival even higher end ones!

      Delete
  3. The foundation & concealer are my faves!! Lovely routine :)

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete