Pastel Makeup.

pastel makeup nyx rimmel elf lipstick eyeshadow blush drugstore essie
Pastels are not just for the canvas or paper. Thanks to the current trend, pastels are now being a prominent makeup fad, exemplified by Kat Von D's Pastel Goth Palette, Lorac's I Love Brunch Pro Palette, Zoeva's Sweet Glamour Palette, etc. For eyes, lips, and cheeks, pastel tones are the perfect fit for the springtime, and I am absolutely adoring it. I find that pastels are a safer way of experimenting with colour as they are less vibrant and bold. They're great to create a full-on makeup look, or just a simple "one shade on the lid" look. Here are my picks for pretty pastel-toned makeup. 

 essie pastel makeup nyx rimmel elf lipstick eyeshadow blush drugstore
Lipstick. Pastel lipsticks can be tricky to pull off, especially if the shade is very milky or white-based. So, opting for a light colour that isn't too nude in tone is best to still achieve pastel coloured lips. Peaches and pinks are especially great shades that can be so pretty when they have pastel undertones.

Eyeshadow. Colour on the eyes can be difficult, so pastels can make it easier to implement colour onto the eyes as the shades are toned down. Lavenders, pinks, oranges, mints, and even yellows add a fun springtime colourful look that don't overwhelm the face.

Blush. Cool-undertone blushes such as peaches or pinks offer a pretty wash of colour that freshens up the face. Pastel-toned shades are my favourite as they offer a bright, yet subtle flush that creates a youthful appearance. 

Nails. Pastel polish in any shade is also a great way to subtly incorporate pastel shades that are just perfect for spring. 


I am really enjoying this trend, especially as it's a break from the typical neutral colours. It's a pretty trend that offers just enough colour to the face that can be easy to be comfortable with, while also pushing the comfort zone just a bit. What do you think about the pastel makeup trend? 
Follow


shop this post.

4 comments:

  1. Besides on the nails, pastel colours are shades I don't really reach for! I just don't think they'd suit me. I love how pigmented that palette is though! Would love to see you create a look using it :)

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pastels are definitely a novel concept that has taken me a while to get used to! I agree, it can sometimes be hesitating to use them!

      Delete
  2. When it comes to pastels - nail polish is definitely my favorite.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I tend to only wear pastel nail polish actually!

      Delete