Matte Lipsticks That Are Actually Comfortable to Wear.

lipstick drugstore sephora matte swatch revlon too faced rimmel nyx beauty blogger makeup

Matte lipsticks are quite controversial now in the beauty community. With the onset of liquid lipsticks, matte lips soon have become synonymous with dryness and discomfort which is why I think that's why glossy lips have now become the popular lipstick choice. However, I've always been an avid wearer of matte lips and I still am because there really does exist matte products that are actually comforable on the lips, whether they are liquid lipsticks or the standard bullet form. So, here's a brief rundown on 4 lisptick ranges that have given me hope that matte and comfort can co-exist. 

I'm glad to say that three of my favourites are actually from the drugstore. Firstly, the NYX Matte Lipstick is a great contender as it's richly pigmented and, considering how I have a dark shade ("Alabama"), it isn't even patchy! That's an extra point atop the comforable feel this lipstick has on the lips. I'd love to try more from this range as well!

The Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipsticks by Kate Moss are probably my favourite lipsticks of all time. I own multiple shades from the range ("107" is my all-time favourite lisptick), the one shown is "105". Again, the pigmentaton is amazing across the board: from pinks to nudes to reds and berries. The texture is so comfortable that it's almost undetectable on the lips. Plus, they are super long-lasting that they hardly fade throughout the day. Another similar range from Rimmel is their The Only One Matte Lipsticks which I've heard are also comfortable, yet pigmented matte lipsticks!

The Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balms are terrific in their own unique way as they're a "matte balm" in that they're super smoothing and moisturinzing on the lips that also give off a cooling peppermint sensation, but they also manage to offer maximum impact in colour payoff in a matte finish! The shade swatched is in "Sultry" (and I can attest that their other shades are also equally amazing!)

Finally, the Too Faced Melted Matte Liquid Lipsticks is another gem especially as it's one of those rare liquid lipsticks that are not drying, tightening, nor flaking on the lips. Unfortunately that means that they're not really transfer-proof, but sometimes that's the price you got to pay!

What are some of your favourite comfortable matte lipsticks?

shop this post.*

*Product links on this page are affiliated links.

2 comments:

  1. I've been obsessed with too faced lately so I know I need to try their melted liquid lipsticks which are raved about so much. I'm personally a nude lip kind of gal because I'm lazy but it's good to know these formulas are comfortable

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Too Faced lipsticks are amazing! I love how even their liquid lipsticks are comfortable, although I do recommend using a lipliner for the red colour as it does tend to bleed!

      Delete