How To Make Your Eyes Appear Bigger.

how to make eyes appear larger maybelline eyelash mascara eyeliner concealer
Makeup can truly be thought as magic sometimes; it's ability to manipulate features of your face into something totally different. I mean, it's all about personal preference and they you view it, but it's undeniable that makeup really is a true art form. Exemplified by the contour trend that creates the illusion of chiseled cheekbones, makeup really does have magical qualities in that it can transform features on your face. When it comes to eyes, some people prefer the elongated look, the almond look, the doe-eye look... as I said it's personal preference. This post, however, is about my tips to make your eyes appear larger. Personally, I have naturally large eyes, however, sometimes eye makeup can comprise your true eye shape due to the shades and shadows. So, here are my tips on how to easily accentuate your eye shape and make them appear larger.
concealer eyeliner mascara nyx jumboFirst off, the eyelash curler. Personally, I have very long, yet very straight and downward-turned eyelashes, thus mascara alone actually weighs my lashes down even more. So, the eyelash curler is basically my best friend when it comes to this dilemma. I always curl my lashes before applying mascara, and once the mascara has dried, I curl them again and then apply mascara on top once again. I find that for my stubborn lashes, this technique works best for me and allows my eyes to open up and appear wider.  

As mentioned previously, applying mascara is obviously vital to open up and enlarge your eyes. You may have heard that waterproof mascara holds a curl longer and better and once I heard about this, I knew I had to test it out. I can now testify that waterproof mascara (especially my favourite Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara), has changed the game for me immensely. I was not able to double coat my lashes with any regular formula as it would wet and weigh down my lashes even more – the opposite effect of what mascara is supposed to do! Also, applying mascara on your bottom lashes can further open up your eyes and create a well-balanced look from the top and bottom of your eyes.
As winged liner elongates the eyes, I find that it doesn’t necessarily open them up. Any dark shadow or shade on the eyes create depth which can actually close up the eyes. Therefore, when it comes to adding any dark colour on the eyes in pursuit of making your eyes appear bigger, it’s usually best to work on the lashes only. Thus, when I want to create very large doll-like doe eyes, I adopt the “Twiggy look” by drawing on my lower lashes with liquid liner. This makes a massive difference!

You may have also heard that adding white eyeliner on the lower lashline makes eyes appear bigger. This really is true as the white colour acts as an extension of the white of your eyeball, creating the perception that your eyes are naturally larger.
 Finally, something that you don’t really apply on your eyes, but still makes a difference is concealer. Generally, concealing circles under your eyes will remove darkness and depth, so it will add brightness and create the illusion of larger eyes. 




So, these are my tips and tricks for making my eyes appear larger. I find it so amazing the capacity that makeup has to create such convincing effects. What ways do you like to use makeup in manipulating your features?

Follow

12 comments:

  1. The Maybelline mascara is my fav!
    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curling my lashes makes such a huge difference! I don't have the largest eyes so I appreciate all the tips. Thanks for sharing :)

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree curling lashes makes a huge difference! I'm currently on the hunt for a good eyelash curler, the one I currently have doesn't catch the lashes on the outer corner of my eye and it annoys me so much!

    Maya | Makeup & Skin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's annoying! I wish I knew about various eyelash curler brands to help you out, but I'm sure you'll eventually find one that fits!

      Delete
  4. i love the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara !
    i also have straight lashes and i prefer waterproof mascaras

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great tips! I just bought the Maybelline mascara and I'm super excited to try it. A lot of people LOVE it!

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a good one! I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do!

      Delete
  6. Great tips! I normally prefer a nude liner but white is also great!
    Vanessa x | www.springlilies.com

    ReplyDelete