The Valentine's Day Makeup Edit.

makeup beauty blogger modern renaissance valentines too faced blush lipstick stila glitter shimmer

It's Valentine's Day in just a couple of days, so of course a Valentine's Day makeup edit was due. When it comes to makeup ideas for this time of year, the protocol usually calls for pink-infused and shimmery makeup looks. Of course, you could also opt for an entirely different colour scheme or simply incorporate a slight nod to the pink makeup look such as a maroon liner or pink lower lash line. Whatever the style you prefer, here are some of my favourite Valentine's Day-themed makeup!

Eyeshadow. Of course, the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Palette is the epitome of those pinky and berry tones often associate with the holiday. When the shade range works plus the quality being incredibly pigmented and easy to blend, then why look further? Although, if you're like me and you tend to shy away from those intense warm red tones, you can always lean towards the lighter end of the spectrum, i.e. "Buon Fresco" and "Vermeer" - a dusky lavender and a pinky champagne, respectively. That way you get a subtle hint of that berry goodness. 

For an extra oomph to the eyeshadow look or for using it instead of eyeshadow for something simple, the Stila Shimmer & Glow Liquid Eyeshadow in "Kitten" is an excellent option. The shade is a pink-toned champagne that is shimmery and glossy on the lids (but stay put like cement!). So, you conform to the pink theme, but ever so slightly.

Blush. I wear pink blush almost always, but of course Valentine's Day calls especially for pink blush. Cool-toned pinks in particular can be extra pretty given the "I've just been out on a cold February winter day" kind of look. The Too Faced "Justify My Love" Love Flush Blush is my favourite (see similar - and another favourite of mine - below). 

Lipstick. Finally, the lips. There is a plethora of options: deep and vampy; nudes; pale pinks; or purple. I especially love magenta shades as they are sophisticated since they can be quite deep in tone, but still youthful due to the playful purple hue.

What's your favourite makeup look for Valentine's Day?


shop this post.*

*Product links on this page are affiliated links.

6 comments:

  1. I still can't believe I don't own this palette, I see it everywhere and the colours are just stunning! x

    Shannon | https://shannonmichelle1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me awhile to finally give in to purchasing this palette, but I’m so glad I did! It definitely filled a void in my collection.

      Delete
  2. That palette has such beautiful shades

    Candice | NatalyaAmour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! The shades give off such romantic vibes.

      Delete
  3. When I think of a eye shadow palette for a valentines day makeup look, Anastasia renaissance definitely comes to mind. x

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I mean, pinks and reds are quintessential Valentine’s Day shades!

      Delete