Favourite Drugstore Lipstick Ranges.

drugstore lipstick revlon matte balm rimmel kate moss loreal le matte 107
Lipsticks are the sort of product that isn't necessary to invest in from high-end brands, and can easily be high quality just from the drugstore. Having said that, I also feel that lipsticks is what drugstore brands do best - and do a lot of. There is indeed a wide diversity of lipstick collections from many different brands, and having experienced and explored many of them, there are three standout lipstick ranges that I absolutely adore and own many lipsticks from. Each range presents a great formula, consistent performance, and beautiful shades. Here are the top 3 lipstick collections from the drugstore that I always gravitate towards.

rimmel drugstore lipstick swatch 107 kate moss matte



This collection is probably one of the most, if not the most, talked about and highly praised. The striking red tubes of the Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss collection represent comfortable, yet opaque matte lipsticks, available  in a decent diversity and variety of shades. My favourite, and probably the  most popular shade, is the shade "107" which is a berry red tone of which I own two of. However, as you can see by the swatches of just four of the lipsticks from the collection, the shade range is wide and I can say that in terms of quality, they are also all consistent and each perform equally as beautiful.



Top to bottom:  111  |  107  |  105  |  102

revlon colorburst matte balm lipstick swatch drugstore
revlon colorburst matte balm lipstick swatch drugstore  



This is a much less talked about lipstick range and I really don't know why. These Revlon Matte Balms really do live up to their title as they are very opaquely matte, but offer a nourishing and balm-like texture to the lips, along with its refreshing minty scent. I also really enjoy its crayon-like packaging as it provides easy application thanks to its pointed tip for lining the lips as well as its simultaneous chubby size that is perfect to colour in the rest of the lips.




Top to bottom: Sultry  |  Audacious  |  Unapologetic  
loreal L'Oréal le matte lipstick drugstore swatches
loreal L'Oréal le matte lipstick drugstore swatches    

Finally, this is probably the least referred to drugstore lipstick range, which is quite unfair to this amazing collection. The L'Oréal Le Matte lipsticks have a velvety texture, matte finish, and opaque colour payoff. The shades are all so beautiful and are refreshingly different and unique compared to typical drugstore shades. The packaging consists of a skinnier tube than the Revlon collection, which does come in handy as it enables more precise application. This range also carries lacquer finishes, labelled "La Lacque", however, I haven't tried them and I prefer matte finishes anyway. The only con of these lipsticks is that their scent highly resembles play-dough, but I really cannot sense it once it's actually on my lips. Nonetheless, this range is one of my absolute favourites of all time.


Top to bottom:  She's So Matte  |  Matte-r of Face  |  Matte for Me  |  Mad for Matte



Hopefully this drugstore lipstick roundup of my favourite collections have been helpful for you and perhaps has acted as a useful guide for trying out some new products and collections. I've also heard that the Maybelline Color Sensation Creamy Matte lipsticks are amazing as well as the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams, so they are definitely on my list to try next! Which ranges do you recommend?

Follow


shop this post.

6 comments:

  1. This post was great! I really want to try the Rimmel London lipsticks by Kate Moss, and I've never heard of that Revlon lipsticks but I think I'm going to try them xxx
    http://fallingforablog.blogspot.com.es/2017/05/5-outfits-5-lipsticks.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed this post! I'm also glad that I've introduced some products that you haven't heard of before!

      Delete
  2. You have a gorgeous collection! I still haven't tried any of the lipsticks from that line from Rimmel! I feel like I'm missing out.

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend that line! They're my go-to and really are standouts among my collection and the drugstore!

      Delete
  3. I really want to try the mate moss lipsticks! Can't believe I haven't yetb

    Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're just so good! Definitely one of the best, in my opinion!

      Delete