Makeup Worth the Hype?

hyped overrated makeup tartelette in bloom maybelline fit me age rewind concealer foundation palette rimmel powder color tattoo eyeshadow tarte
Overhyped, overrated... some makeup products receive extreme attention that sometimes compels many people to go after and try them out for themselves. Sometimes it ends in disappointment, but many other times, it's a pleasant outcome! So, I find that it's not only useful to read rave reviews on a product that everyone is loving, but also reviews that assess these products and see if they really are deserving of the attention that they've received. Here are only a few products that have been presented with a lot of hype, and my thoughts on them.

hyped overrated makeup tartelette in bloom maybelline fit me age rewind concealer foundation palette rimmel powder color tattoo eyeshadow tarte lash sensational maybellinehyped overrated makeup tartelette in bloom maybelline fit me age rewind concealer foundation palette rimmel powder color tattoo eyeshadow tarte lash sensational maybelline

Tarte Tartelette in Bloom.  This palette is one of those products that its hype just doesn't seem to expire. I still see people rave about this - myself included. I definitely approve of the attention this best-seller and popular product receives. The colour selection and quality are beautiful and I too, cannot get enough of it.

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation & Concealer. These two belong in the same "Fit Me" range and equally receive much attention. I've deemed these two as holy grails for me, so I really do understand the hype that they receive. The foundation offers a beautiful comfortable matte finish that has medium to buildable coverage and the concealer, though not the most high coverage, is still very good and provides a moisturizing and healthy look to the undereyes and also blends seamlessly. 

Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer. This is another classic product that people still rave about. I'm actually not a fan of it as it's too thick, but not very good coverage. Also, this "neutralizer" shade is very, very yellow. I actually use this product as an eye primer, but overall, I will not repurchase this.

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara. This is my favourite mascara of all time! The waterproof version especially, is the only mascara that actually has some helping power for curling my stubborn  straight eyelashes. Your opinion, however, does of course depend on your needs: this mascara fans out my lashes, but provides moderate volume and thickness. For me, it gives me just what I want.

Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo. I know, there is a lot of Maybelline products featured in this post (perhaps I'll do a "one brand Maybelline review" soon?), but this cream pot eyeshadow is a cult favourite by many people, including myself. It has great opacity and pigmentation, although it can begin to dry out quite quickly. Overall, it's a great, easy product.  

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder. I feel like when many people think of drugstore powder, this one  is the one that comes in mind. This powder is finely-mild, yet offers great setting power without the appearance of cakiness. This is definitely one that has become established as my favourite powder, ever. 


How do you feel about these products? 
SaveSaveSaveSaveFollow


shop this post.


SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

12 comments:

  1. I've only ever tried two of these products — yet I call myself a beauty lover.. hahaha. i don't know why i'm not interested in trying that age rewind concealer by maybelline. the hype is so real and i think i might have to purchase it once and for all and kinda see what i think about it.

    http://www.erinazmir.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to not always give in to hyped up products! Hopefully you'll enjoy the concealer!

      Delete
  2. That Tarte palette is something I would love to try one day. On the other hand I agree with all of these products, except tha Color Tattoo. I have two colors and just didn't find the way how to love them. How bad, because I really had high hopes.

    Michelle Morchella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Tarte palette is my favourite! I'm sorry the color tattoos don't work for you! I usually work them by using a flat shader brush - hopefully that helps :)

      Delete
  3. I've literally been on the fence about that Tarte palette for the longest time. Whenever I'm at Sephora, I swatch it. Whenever I'm on the website, I add it to my cart. But I still haven't pushed myself to buy it yet. Ugh, it's so pretty!

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I know how you feel! I guess it just builds up to that eventual purchase!

      Delete
  4. I love and pretty much live by the Maybelline Lash sensational, it does a fab job of adding volume and length my lashes.


    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, it's my absolute favourite mascara, ever!

      Delete
  5. Have the palette on my wishlist for ages.. seems so lovely!

    xx Lisa | lisaautumn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get to enjoy it soon! It's gorgeous!

      Delete
  6. I really want to get the Tarte palette, it has been on my wishlist for I kid you not, months and months! I am the same with the maybelline age rewind concealer, the light shade just isn't brightening enough and I have other concealers that brighten and have better coverage! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Tarte palette was a great decision for me after debating on it for awhile haha! And yes, I feel that the concealer really does nothing beneficial for me.

      Delete