Top 10: Workout Mix


I love working out and fitness in general. So for me, music only enhances the experience. If you're like most people however, music may actually be the only pleasant component in your workout. Either way, music is essential: it makes working out more enjoyable, motivates you, distracts you, and sets the pace of your workout. I personally have over 100 songs in my workout playlist (105 to be exact), but I've narrowed them down to 10 must have songs that I almost always skip to when I put my playlist on shuffle. Here goes!:

1. Surfboard - Cody Simpson
The ultimate summer song that totally puts you in the mood and motivates you to push harder. And it's an overall feel good song. This one is almost always the first song I play.

2. Counting Stars - OneRepublic
Love, love, LOVE this song! And the band in general. Extremely uplifting and totally sets the pace of your workout. 

3. Whenever, Wherever - Shakira
Come on, it's Shakira; she belongs in workout playlists! Beware though: listening to her music may make you want to stop working out and just start dancing and singing along!

4. On My Own - Miley Cyrus
The ultimate motivating music. The song's 'Michael Jackson-esque' style makes the track uplifting and fierce.

5. Love Runs Out - OneRepublic
Yes, another OneRepublic song! Love Runs Out is the perfect running song (see what I did there) and is the perfect distraction to your gruesome workout.

6. Animals - Maroon 5
Again, another summer style track that makes the perfect energetic workout song.

7. What It's Like To Be Me - Britney Spears (feat. Justin Timberlake)
...Or basically any Britney song. 75% of my workout playlist consists of Britney Spears. Her music is just so uplifting that you may even want to extend your workout to continue listening!

8. Love You Betta - Neon Hitch
Another essential workout song with its energetic tone.

9. Fly or Die - Rock Mafia
If this song doesn't motivate you, then I don't know what will. The style of the song combined with its "live life to the fullest" lyrics make the perfect song to motivate you to keep on going!

10. Only When I Walk Away - Justin Timberlake
Love this song. And since Justin's songs are usually over 5 minutes, a couple repeats and it'll probably cover a good chunk of your workout session.


So, there you have it! It was difficult to narrow down my 377 minute workout playlist, but these are undoubtedly my favourites. 

What are your workout playlist must haves? Let me know if  you want a Part 2 of this playlist by leaving a comment below!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment