2016 Revelation: A Resolution for Life

I feel that New Year's Resolutions shouldn't really be resolutions for the new year, rather they should be resolutions made at the beginning of the year for the rest of your life. In 2014, I made my first resolutions list ranging from improving my fitness, mentality, productivity, and even my OCD. I am honestly proud to say that I have accomplished these things, but it doesn't mean that they should be ticked off and never be looked back upon. So, what I'd like to say is that this January, I organized exactly what I wanted in my life, for the rest of my life. I'm not going to lay out a list because I've realized that what I want is encompassed in only one idea. 

I'm 19 years old. I haven't even completed by bachelor's degree yet, but I feel that I've already established exactly what I want to do for the rest of my life. And no, it's got practically nothing to do with what I'm studying in university. I've recently founded the idea in myself that I simply don't want my passion to be my hobby; I want it to be my career, my life. Of course, this doesn't mean that I want to incorporate all my hobbies into a lifestyle, but I'd love to strive to center my life around a principle concept: blogging & vlogging. Nowadays, gaining an audience and interacting with people in the form of a career is not far-fetched like it used to be thanks to the world wide web and social media, so I believe it's a grand opportunity to take that technological and social feature to one's own advantage. 

I truly am passionate about blogging. It's something I get excited for and it releases my need for fulfilling that innate human creativity that we all contain within ourselves. I want to expand my blogging by continuing YouTube (I'm waiting for a new camera!) in a more professional manner which I have begun to do. I feel that it's important to know what you enjoy doing, what you're good at and push it all the way. I feel that due to societal norms, whenever we take up a hobby or passion, it just remains at that status of only being a hobby; but there are no rules and it's important to realize this.

I remember I used to only consider the "conventional" ways of living life. I used to think that obtaining the highest form of education was the utmost priority. But I've recently thought about what makes us unique human beings with the ability to create, think, and innovate. It seems that society much resembles a video game; it's like once you graduate from school or get a job, then that is what you are: "I am a doctor"; "I am a teacher"... but we're so much more than that. These conventions are simply narrow labels and rigid roles that undermine our human individuality and creativity. 

I feel that this post is also like talking to myself. I'm not "teaching" or offering words of wisdom since I am definitely in no position to do that. What I'm doing is simply writing down what I've discovered and have been telling myself and I hope that maybe these thoughts might change your views too.

We can only wait to see what will happen to us. In the mean time, we can work hard to get to where we want. 
Couldn't have said it better, Einstein.

Let me know what you think about this post as well as your resolutions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment