The Drugstore Concealer Roundup.

drugstore concealer maybelline fit me age rewind concealer
Oh gosh, it's good to back! It's been a couple weeks, although honestly, I'm too scared to even look back and check exactly how long it's been. This time of year is very hectic for the university student, and as much as I wanted to balance both, when stress comes in, it can take a toll. Anyway, I'm glad I'm back and ready to bring a lot of my blog post ideas to life! A while back I did a drugstore foundation roundup, and since I've accumulated a few concealers from the drugstore, each with varying qualities, I thought I would roundup these three and share with you my thoughts.

drugstore concealer maybelline covergirl fit me nars age rewind sponge

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. I've talked a lot about this one before and it's always been in praise for it. Indeed, this drugstore classic really does live up to its hype. Its combination of medium/full coverage with a moisturizing consistency makes for the ideal formula. The only reason why I'm continuing my search for the "perfect concealer' is due to this concealer's poor colour range (for fair and deep skin tones). It doesn't have a lighter shade that I feel would properly cover my dark circles. Having said that, the lightest shade (which is shade 15, not 14!) is light enough for blemishes, however, that's not what I personally need in a concealer. All in all, this concealer has an excellent formulation and if this range has a shade that is perfect for your needs, I wouldn't really look any further.

Maybelline Age Rewind Erase Eye Concealer. I got this very recently and I was very surprised with its unique qualities. My shade is in "Neutralizer", but it also comes in a "Brightness" shade, plus 4 skin shades (only light ones; the range is horribly shade-limited!). When I first applied this, I was quite shocked considering how yellow it applied, compared to the colour in the tube. Nonetheless, it's great coverage, creamy and quite thick without being drying. So, it's great for coverage, but as it's not lighter than my own skin tone, it may not be sufficient for brightening for my skin tone. The packaging is definitely interesting with its twist up and sponge application and as much as many people complain about the unsanitary applicator, in my mind, it's really no different from an ordinary concealer's wand. Anyway, I'm currently enjoying this concealer which further proves how ahead Maybelline is in the drugstore concealer game.

CoverGirl Ready Set Gorgeous. I don't have much from CoverGirl, although I really don't know why. Anyway, this concealer is drying, not great coverage, and doesn't blend well. I've given up using this under my eyes long ago, but I actually use it daily for something else: carving out the edges of my eyebrows. It's light enough to highlight them and since it's not very hydrating or blendable, it's able to precisely clean up around the brows!

drugstore concealer swatches maybelline covergirl  fair skin


Have you tried any of these concealers? What are your drugstore concealer recommendations? I've heard so much about the Tarte Shape Tape, so I'm really wanting to find a drugstore dupe for that, although I've heard that the Maybelline Age Rewind is a close one! Please share your thoughts below!


Follow
SaveSave

6 comments:

  1. I so badly been wanting to try the age rewind but we don't stock them in my country

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Perhaps try Feel Unique as they do international shipping! That's where I get a lot of my products that are not available in Canada :)

      Delete
  2. The Maybelline concealers are my absolute favourites! I can't live without them! Sorry to hear about the CG concealer, but good that you found another use for it. At least your money isn't going to waste!

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybelline is just so good! And yes totally, finding another use for an otherwise unsatisfactory product is always a good thing!

      Delete
  3. I really want to try these two maybelline concealers except they're not available here. Though I heard they just recently become available, hope the color range is better here.

    Selene Addicted

    ReplyDelete