The Only Essie Shades I Need: Pretty Pastels.

essie nail polish spring colours gel acrylic makeup shellac
I'm pretty adventurous when it comes to style and beauty despite having my own general style that I prefer. However, when it comes to nails, I like to keep it safe and stick with what I'm comfortable with and that's usually pastels and nude shades. In fact, when I was contemplating what nail shade to add in my collection, I really couldn't think of one - except perhaps a classic red. So, given that spring typically calls for these kinds of pastel shades, I thought I would take the opportunity to share my small yet (personally) complete collection of Essie shades.

essie ballet slippers eternal optimist lilacism cute as a button
I seem to almost always automatically gravitate towards the brand Essie as it's perfect for locating any specific shade you're searching for. Also, even though this differs for everyone, the polish usually lasts for about 3-4 (sometimes 5!) days without a single chip, which I'm very satisfied with. In terms of formula, 2-3 shades provides enough opacity, even for the lightest of shades. 

descriptions from left to right
Ballet Slippers. This is my "signature" shade. Pale pink is my favourite colour and this is especially true for nails. It's fool-proof as it lends a very sophisticated, chic, feminine, and understated look all at once. 

Eternal Optimist. This shade is very natural and neutral as it doesn't offer a bright or vivid hue, but instead "camouflages" with my skin, thereby creating the illusion of longer fingers. Perfect for all seasons and all skin tones.

Lilacism. As its name suggests, this colour is a hybrid between a powder blue and soft lavender. It's the ultimate spring pastel shade, injecting colour that contrasts nicely against the skin, yet still maintains a flattering look that isn't too stark.

Cute as a Button. This coral is the brightest of the bunch, yet isn't electric or neon. It's a combination between pink, salmon, and orange, creating the ultimate bright-pastel shade perfect for spring and summer that compliments all skin tones.



I feel that this concise collection includes a wide variety within the pastel shade range. Hopefully I've sparked some inspiration in you for trying out a shade that you haven't checked out yet. What are your favourite types of shades to wear, especially for spring?

Follow


shop this post.

8 comments:

  1. I really love the Eternal Optimistic and Cute as Button! They're so pretty xxx
    http://fallingforablog.blogspot.com.es/2017/03/12-spring-must-haves.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're such pretty shades! One as a great neutral and the other as a fun pop of colour!

      Delete
  2. Ugh, these are such pretty shades! I need Eternal Optimist & Lilacism in my life!

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great additions to any nail polish collection!

      Delete
  3. Hi Dena! I've been really enjoying your blog lately so I thought I'd include you in something a little bit different: The One Lovely Blog Award TAG! I was nominated a few days a go so I decided to nominate you :) If this is something you fancy, give it a go! You have all the instructions on my blog xxx
    http://fallingforablog.blogspot.com.es/2017/03/tag-one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much lovely! This means a lot! I adore your blog so much as well! :) xo

      Delete
  4. I'm already in love with them! I am a huge fan of pastel colors and those are the exact ones I would wear all the time. Perfect choice.

    Michelle Morchella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoy these as well! Pastels are just the prettiest!

      Delete