Spring Beauty Picks.

spring makeup bourjois rimmel kate contour too faced blush maybelline blushed nudes nyx milk lipstick
I'm glad to be finally resuming blogging after a hectic study period now that exams are over! First off, I'm happy to say that I've changed my blog URL (I've dropped the "96" from my amateur blogging days)! Also, what's better to start off with than a spring makeup edit of products that I think are perfectly appropriate for the warmer weather! Semi-dewy skin, bright and fresh eyes, and fruity-coloured lips are just what comes to mind for the springtime, especially this year when considering the trends. Speaking of trends, pastel makeup is definitely an upcoming fad as well as peachy tones (much like last year) that I feel are going to carry on through this summer.

bourjois too faced kate moss rimmel sculpt foundation blush contour highlight drugstore
rimmel kate sculpting kit moss golden bronze 003 nars orgasm
Fresh looking skin is a must-have for spring, especially considering the fact that it is much more comfortable to wear in contrast to a heavy matte finish. I usually reserve the Bourjois City Radiance Foundation for the dewy, yet medium-coverage base. For atop the base, a coral shimmery blush like this Rimmel one adds a pretty spring colour which is very reminiscent of Nars' Orgasm blush. I also prefer to opt for more subtle highlighters (and keep the more intense ones for summertime) which this highlighter totally conforms to. 

too faced love flush blush swatch spring
For a more matte alternative, yet still opting for a colourful flush to the cheeks, Too Faced's Love Flush Blushes (my all time favourites) in the shades: "Love Hangover", "I Will Always Love You", "How Deep Is Your Love", and "Justify My Love" (my holy-grail!) are pretty and bright colours that add a youthful and cheery look, perfect for spring. 

maybelline blushed nudes eyeshadow palette nyx jumbo milk drugstore
This spring has invited the pastel trend, exemplified by Lorac's I Love Brunch Pro Palette and Zoeva's Sweet Glamour Palette. Pastels may be tricky and intimidating to wear, so here I present a more wearable option that involves more natural rosy tones in the Maybelline Blushed Nudes Palette. Also, applying white eyeliner such as in the waterline or even on upper lash line instead of black really compliments the pastel and light tones on the eyes, making them appear more vivid. 

rimmel kate moss lipstick pink peach swatch drugstore spring
These shades are more on the creamy, pastel-eque tonal spectrum rather than overly bright. The pink Rimmel lipstick in shade "102" is more of a bubblegum pink whereas the other one in shade "32" is a perfect peach (which appears brighter here; for a more true swatch, click here). They add a pretty and soft look, perfectly complimenting the dewy skin, bright cheeks, and soft eye look. 


I am really enjoying the spring trends and makeup releases this year. These products are ones that I will definitely be getting a lot of use of for these warmer months. What constitutes your spring makeup bag? What trends are you excited to try out?

shop this post.
SaveSave


Follow my blog with Bloglovin



6 comments:

  1. What gorgeous photos for starters! These picks are all so beautiful. The Too Faced blush palette is just stunning xx

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lauren! The blushes are my absolute favourites - even the individuals are so pretty!

      Delete
  2. That Too Faced blush palette is gorgeous! Wow xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! It's so unfortunate that it was limited edition from last spring!

      Delete
  3. Lovely picks! The Too Faced blush palette looks so pretty. Definitely Spring appropriate :) Also, the 32 lipstick looks so nice. Not sure if it'd suit me, but I'm really digging it!

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The lipstick is really nice - it's worth a try. I think it would look really nice on you actually!

      Delete