Faking Fuller Lashes Without Falsies.

full lashes tips makeup hacks falsies long eyelashes
I'm personally not one who wears false eyelashes. I really don't know why, but apparently I like to take the hard way in achieving the lashes I want! Nonetheless, I have naturally long and voluminous lashes, but I think lashes are one of those things that you can never have enough improvements in. To achieve the look of fuller lashes to the maximum without the use of falsies, here are the products and method I use and recommend to attaining that look.

Eyeshadow. Firstly, I always like to add a medium/dark brown shade in the crease as it prevents the eyes from looking bare. In general, adding a dark shade in an area such as the crease where the lashes usually hit, gives off the illusion of darker, thicker, and fuller lashes. 

Curl. I have very stubborn straight lashes, so curling is quite vital in my eyelashes routine. Regardless though, curling lashes contribute to making them appear fuller as it brings them up higher and make them more visible.

Mascara. I've always heard and even experienced that the combination of two mascaras almost always provides a standout effect. This is usually because mascaras have different specific purposes so combining two means attaining multiple effects as long as the formulae work well together. These two Maybelline mascaras are my current favourite combination right now. The Lash Sensational offers a full-fan effect while the Big Shot Colossal gives great volume. Even with only one mascara though, it's definitely evident that mascara helps give a fuller lash look by thickening and darkening them along with the specific purpose it offers.

Tightline. Adding a black eyeliner onto the upper waterline really makes a difference in creating the look of fuller lashes as it adds darkness and fills in the gaps between the lashes. I actually don't skip this step even when I'm in a hurry as it is such a quick, yet effective method of faking fuller lashes.

Finishing Touches. Yes, I've included tweezers in the photo, but no it's not for plucking lashes! Ever since high school, I've used tweezers to gently pick out any clumps and to fan out the lashes. I personally have a bit of an obsession in making my lashes separate which I know is not what everyone strives for. However, I feel that a fanned out look that distributes the lashes across the entire lash line without any gaps really do create the illusion of them appearing fuller.


So here are my tips and products that I use in gaining a fuller lash look. What's your way of achieving standout lashes without falsies?


shop this post.

6 comments:

  1. These are great tips! I always like to tight line my eyes. If definitely makes my lash area look more fuller! I'll have to try these other methods.

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! I glad this post helped! :)

      Delete
  2. I use tweezers to pick out clumps too! Does the trick every time
    Kathy x
    Alongcamekathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great tips! I don't use a false lashes too, I prefer mines :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Me too, I just can't bring myself to wearing falsies!

      Delete