The No-Makeup Makeup Edit.

no makeup drugstore rimmel maybelline la girl brow 107 lash sensational

I'm all for full-face makeup which I do more often than not, but sometimes time and the occasion just calls for a simple and literal "no-makeup" makeup look. These products provide me with just that - an extremely streamlined routine while also offering a presentable and corrected appearance. I find these posts quite helpful as the products one uses must really be good if one relies on only them.

Concealer. I value concealer over foundation, always. Applying underneath the eyes and the T-zone with a larger than usual brush quickly distributes the product in those trouble areas as well as spreading it all over the face for an overall light coverage finish. This particular Maybelline Fit Me concealer is perfect for this as it is not overly thick or too runny; its consistency is perfectly comfortable for me to apply all over the face with good coverage.

Powder. Of course, applying powder atop the concealer is quite important as it prevents creasing, but it also provides an additional yet subtle layer of coverage and evenness to the skin. A lightweight powder is best for this so it won't cling or accentuate any dry patches underneath.

Brows. The brows are an aboslute necessity. Doing them really makes an impact in creating the illusion that you've got a full face of makeup as it polishes and structures your entire face. I try not to fill them to "perfectly" though, as they can appear stark against the minimal makeup. 

Mascara. This also makes an incredible difference as it opens up the eyes and makes you appear more "done up". As I skip on eyeshadow for this look,  I usually like to load on the mascara to compensate.

Lipstick. If I had to wear only one makeup product, it would be lipstick - especially this one. A relatively bold, yet neutral lip like a deep red berry makes it appear you have more makeup on. It also distracts from other areas of the face where makeup is more minimal.


This is my exact routine for when I want the literal "no-makeup" makeup look. What are your go-to products?



shop this post.

4 comments:

  1. I've been doing the no-makeup makeup look a lot lately, but one thing I never miss is the brows haha. Like you said, they're a necessity!

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I feel that regardless of a full face or minimal look, brows must be done!

      Delete
  2. Me too, if I have to wear only one makeup product, it has to be a lipstick.

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete