4 Red Lipsticks Perfect for Autumn.

too faced revlon rimmel lipstick autumn fall sephora drugstore swatch blogger makeup beauty

Autumn has so long been associated with deep red and berry lipstick shades that sometimes I wonder how this collective notion has become engraved into all our minds. I'm personally an avid red lipstick lover year-round, but autumn makes me especially excited to specifically whip out those rich deep tones that are so typical of the season, thereby giving a backseat to those brighter, vivid red tones for the spring and summertime. So, here's a spotlight on 4 deep red lipsticks that'll have your lips looking red as those autumn leaves.

The Ruby Red. I've been featuring this Too Faced "Lady Balls" Melted Matte Liquid Lipstick so many times now on my blog and that's because I cannot get enough of it. It's the perfect red, but especially perfect for the autumn (and while we're at it, Christmas too!) as it incorporates a deeper and cooler toned red tone than the classic firetruck red. It's basically a deep blood/ruby red that looks like velvet on the lips. Plus, the long-lasting and super comfortable liquid lipstick formula makes this lipstick foolproof. 

The Vampy Red. For when you want to go for that signature autumn look via a vampy red, the Too Faced "Stop Traffic" Peach Kiss Lipstick is a perfect contender. I love how this shade is not too dark (i.e. Mac "Sin" which is borderline black!). The purple-red undertone is still retained, but with just a slight inclination towards the dark side of the spectrum. 

The Berry Red. This is probably one of my favourite lipstick tones of all time and for any time in the year. I just adore the concept of a purple and red intersection in a lipstick shade as it injects a bit more girliness to the classic deep red look. My favourite? The drugstore classic Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate in "107" (I'm on my second tube!).

The Everyday Red. If you're not for those deep shades or purple tones, an everyday red shade that is still autumn appropriate due to the slight rusty tone is the Revlon Matte Balm in "Standout". Beautiful to swipe on with the easy crayon applicator and is wearable, yet festive for the season. 


Which of these is your favourite? What is your classic, everyday autumn lipstick?

Shop this post.*
*Product links on this page are affiliated links.

2 comments:

  1. The Rimmel 107 lipstick is my fave lipstick for this time of the year, such a classic shade! Love it!! x

    Yiota
    https://pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It’s such a staple in my collection - perhaps my all time favourite lipstick!

      Delete