Products to Touch-Up Your Makeup With.

maybelline sephora drugstore too faced mascara rimmel brow glossier lipstick makeup blogger beauty canadian pr

When I apply my makeup, I tend to just rummage throughout my collection and make use of different products each day. However, for when I actually go out, I always like to carry a small makeup bag with me that contains those essential products that'll help me touch up and refresh my makeup throughout the day. I try not to carry to many products as applying a hefty amount of makeup atop the makeup you applied in the morning can result in a cakey look. Plus, I also reserve my travel and mini-size products for this makeup bag as I don't won't it weigh me down. So, I try to be conscious of only including and using items that'll be light on the skin - and light in my bag.

maybelline sephora drugstore too faced mascara rimmel brow glossier lipstick makeup blogger beauty canadian pr


The Skin.
In terms of my skin, I find that concealer often wears off around my nose and mouth, so I find it important to carry some lightweight product to touch up with. As much I adore the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer*, I actually usually carry a foundation sample as my 'concealer' as I really don't need to bring an entire tube with me. Currently, I have the It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream as my concealer and even though I don't love the product per se as a foundation (it's oddly a bit dry for me despite its reputation for being dewy!), it suffices for simple touchups. 

Powder is also a complexion product I must bring with me even though I hardly ever apply it in the mornings. And that's because my skin often gets oily towards the end of the day, so carrying a pressed powder compact that especially contains a mirror and puff such as the Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Powder is a great practical product for my needs.

The Eyes.
As much as we're told not to, I do commit the makeup faux-pas of applying mascara over top dried mascara and curling them again. As my lashes are quite heavy and straight, I find that sometimes the curl subsides throughout the day, so carrying a lash curler is a must. 

In terms of mascara, carrying a mini-size tube is super convenient, such as the mini Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara (again, not my favourite, but it does the trick). 

While we're still in the eyes category, brow gel is an essential. My long and stubborn brows like to move around throughout the day which can betray the brow pencil marks. So, including a brow gel such as the Rimmel Brow This Way Brow Gel in my makeup bag is essential.

The Lips.
Finally, the lips. I usually just pop in whatever lipstick I'm wearing that day in my makeup bag, but if I feel that I won't be able to properly re-apply my lipstick later in the day, I like to opt for a fool-proof lip product and for me, that's the Glossier Generation G Matte Lipstick. You don't need a mirror and since the formula is sheer, it'll be difficult to make mistakes!


What makeup products do you need to include in you makeup bag for touchups?


Shop this post.*
*Product links on this page are affiliated links.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment