What Products I Prefer to Buy From High End Brands.

makeup beauty blogger sephora tarte eyeshadow palette eyeliner hourglass powder too faced blush

A while back, I published a blog post on what products I almost only buy from the drugstore. However, there are also those kinds of makeup products that I almost exclusively purchase from Sephora and higher-end brands. Overall, I do trust in the drugstore more often in supplying me with with high-quality products, thus there is only a select few products that I will exclusively depend on Sephora for. Throughout my experience experimenting with different types of products from both the drugstore and high-end brands, I've gathered an opinion on what I should buy and where I should buy them from depending on my experience with quality and value for money. So, here are the products that I almost always only purchase from Sephora and high-end brands rather than from the drugstore. 

Eyeshadow Palettes. I've experimented with quite a few palettes from both side of the spectrum, but my conclusion is that higher-end brands really do offer better quality eyeshadows. Almost all of my palettes are from Sephora (my all-time favourite being the Tarte Tartelette in Bloom) which isn't any surprise to me given the plethora of variety there is in colour stories and textures of shadows; plus, the quality and pigmentation are usually much more superior than their drugstore counterparts. Of course, that isn't to say that the drugstore doesn't offer great palettes, nor does it mean that every single high-end palette is great, but I now know that if I want to personally purchase an eyeshadow palette, I would end up being more satisfied by opting for Sephora. 

Powder. I've recently swapped my matte setting powder for a powder that imparts more of glowy finish. The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder was a recent splurge of mine, but one that was definitely worth it. I find that products like these which are quite innovative in concept and gorgeous in execution are ones that I also prefer spending a bit more on. 

Blush. For blush, it isn't really the quality that makes high-end blushes superior to drugstore blushes; it is more so the variety in shades that make me more inclined towards the more pricey ones. If you're a blush lover like me and enjoy the variety in shades that blush has to offer, then you'd also appreciate the diversity that higher-end brands release. So, it is more of a matter of preference and what you are searching for in blush, but for me, Sephora is the place I go when I'm on the hunt for blush. In particular, my favourite blush collection of all-time is the Too Faced Love Flush Blush, especially in the shade "Justify My Love"!

Liquid Eyeliner. I really tried finding a decent liquid liner from the drugstore, but I haven't had the good luck to settle on any that didn't smudge or was richly pigmented. Pencil liners are perfectly fine at the drugstore, but liquid liners are usually what I prefer heading to Sephora for, such as the Sephora Wink-It Felt Liner which ticks off all of my boxes for the perfect felt liquid eyeliner!


What products do you prefer investing in rather than purchasing from the drugstore?

shop this post.*


*Product links on this page are affiliated links.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment