Shopping My Stash | Vol. I

eyeshadow shop stash dior lipstick too faced nyx rimmel powder sephora drugstore swatch blogger beauty canadian pr makeup fashion style

I've seen these "shop my stash" posts circulating around the blogging and Youtube world and I'll admit, I was initally confused as to the meaning of the phrase. If you are too, it's essentially about rummaging through your makeup collection and giving products you haven't tried in a while another go and seeing if you've been missing out on them all this time - discovering a "hidden gem", if you will. So, I did just that: I picked out some products I've been neglecting on for a while and testing them again. Here are my thoughts:

eyeshadow shop stash dior lipstick too faced nyx rimmel powder sephora drugstore swatch blogger beauty canadian pr makeup fashion style

I've featured the Dior 5 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palettes several times on the blog, but there was a time where they gradually found themselves at the back of the drawer as I used my other eyeshadows more often. My current thoughts aren't much different than before though: I adore these palettes, although they are particular in the sense that they suffice for that subtle wash of shadow on the lids, but not for a maximum impact look. For day-to-day, the former look is exactly what I prefer, so the Dior shadows are definitely making their way back to my everyday routine. 

Now that it's getting warmer, I've been more inclined towards highligher. This Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette has always been and still is my go-to for that strobe/highlighter look. I love how I can simultaneously achieve an ultra-glowy look while it not looking too arificial or fake. I'll definitely be getting more use out of this palette in the upcoming months!

eyeshadow shop stash dior lipstick too faced nyx rimmel powder sephora drugstore swatch blogger beauty canadian pr makeup fashion style        While I do prefer the highlighted look in the warmer seasons, it also means that I need to control any unwanted shine that relentlessly shines through as my skin gets oilier as the weather gets warmer. The reason why I love the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder is that it is very, very fine, so it doesn't break up as my face gets oilier throughout the day.

     I've pulled out a couple of lipsticks that I hadn't been using much, the first being the NYX Matte Lipstick in "Alabama" which is a deep brick, rusty red. While it was cooler the past few weeks, I was indeed enjoying it. I especially love the formula which imparts a matte, yet comfortable and smooth finish. While the shade is a bit deep now for the spring/summer look, I do want to explore more shades from the line. However, the Too Faced Melted Matte Liquid Lipstick in "Sell Out" is one I have been using a lot and see myself using even more. The shade is a perfect peachy nude ("nude" for my skintone) that I can build up for a darker terracotta shade or diffuse out a small amount for a natural lighter nude.

It seems that this "shop my stash" was quite successful in that I've re-discovered my love for all these products I've been missing out on for a while! Have you rekindled your love for any forgotten products lately? 


shop this post.*

*Product links on this page are affiliated links.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment