The Drugstore Foundation Roundup.

drugstore foundation review maybelline rimmel bourjois

When it comes to makeup products that I enjoy trying out, foundation doesn't really take the top of the list, although I do definitely become intrigued once in a while to try out new ones. Having said that, I have a minuscule collection of drugstore foundations that I feel each represent completely different properties from one another; different coverage, finish, application, etc. So, I thought I would compile a roundup of each these foundations as a guide for you in case you were contemplating any of these, seeking recommendations, or just curious! 

drugstore foundation review rimmel wake me up bourjois maybelline fit me

In order of least to most coverage:

Rimmel Wake Me Up. I picked up this foundation upon its many rave reviews that seemed to constantly manifest itself throughout the years. I'll admit, it's not my favourite, but I can understand its hype. This is a good one if you're seeking a dewy, lightweight, light-medium coverage foundation. I really enjoy the formula, however the shade range is unfortunately inadequate and I feel that I would really love and appreciate this foundation even more if there was a shade lighter and more yellow for my fair/light warm skin tone. Nonetheless, if you are of a skin tone that this foundation range accommodates, then I believe you may really enjoy it. I personally pick this up whenever I need to quickly add some coverage and head out the door. I've done a dedicated blog post to this foundation here if you'd like to read more.

Bourjois City Radiance. Yes, I believe this foundation has more coverage than the previous and I absolutely adore this foundation! Whenever I want to opt for a dewy/radiant finish, I will most often pick this one up. I've also done a review on this here, but in a nutshell, it has a buildable medium finish that creates a beautiful radiant finish and compliments my skin tone. This range, on the other hand, does not cater to darker skin tones which is very unfortunate. 

Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse. This was one of the first foundations I used when I was starting off with makeup. It's a great one and does keep its high rating in my opinion throughout time and among the newer releases. It is not particularly matte or dewy, therefore it has a more satin finish with medium buildable coverage that is perfect for any day. It would be preferable if there was a shade even lighter than the first in the range and because of this, I do not use this foundation much anymore. Nonetheless, it's a reliable foundation that creates a smooth finish.

Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless. This is another foundation that seems to have a earned a high status among the majority - and not only for a drugstore foundation. This is definitely my favourite foundation that I will go for any time, any day. It is yellow-toned, has medium-high coverage, and creates a perfected matte finish. For more detail, you can read my review blog post here.


I hope this roundup was useful to you in regards to drugstore foundations. Please share your recommendations as I would love to discover more!

Follow

18 comments:

  1. Great post, I'm seriously in love with your editing! I am a huge lover of the Rimmel London Wake Me Up Foundation, been using it for years now but I do get what you mean about the skin tones. I often have to mix a different foundation with it to make it the right shade for me but the finished look is too good for me to resist! Lovely post xx

    www.lexilife95.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, lovely! Yes, the Rimmel foundation has pretty much become a cult favourite now, so they really should expand their range. It's such a shame!

      Delete
  2. Great picks, I love using drugstore foundations!
    A Blushing Beauty Blog x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't used any of these products before. Must admit they look great

    Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope this post helped if you're looking for new ones to try out! :)

      Delete
  4. Great post! I've never tried anything from Bourjois before, but I may need to try out that foundation. It sounds lovely :)

    Nicole | In The Life of NM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've heard a lot of great things about all their other foundations as well, so I recommend checking out this brand!

      Delete
  5. When it comes to foundation, I'm really picky, bcause I hate foundation that is heavy - which seems to be the case with drugstore ones. The only one I've tried was Maybelline - my sister's - and I forgot the name, I think it's same line with this one you wrote here but not the mousse version. It's not as heavy as expected and the result is very natural, I just hope it holds oil better because I have super oily skin. But on my sister's dry skin, it works amazing.

    Selene Addicted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be difficult to find a foundation that works for you! The Maybelline Mousse one is really good as it's not heavy and has a nice satin finish, so it may work for oily skin. I hope you find one that work for you from the drugstore!

      Delete
  6. Love this post! I am always on the hunt for new foundations and the Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless sounds so good, also glad to see that it's yellow toned which is something harder to find at the drugstore!
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I helped! The Bourjois one is also yellow toned too, except for the lightest shade.

      Delete
  7. I'm such a big fan of the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation, it's so radiant and lovely xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! I've always wanted to try the Rimmel Wake Me Up, it seems like the perfect every-day foundation. I'm obsessed with the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer so hopefully the foundation is just as good! xx

    Mae ♥

    http://sweetasmae.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mae! Yes, it really is a great everyday foundation. I heard a lot about its concealer, so maybe I'll have to try that out!

      Delete
  9. I've not tried any of these foundations! The Maybelline one sounds great with it's satin finish. I'm usually a high end foundation addict but I think I'll have to explore the drugstore a little, it's great that there are so many affordable options - thanks for sharing!

    www.Barely There Beauty.com | British-Korean Beauty & Lifestyle blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, drugstore carries a lot of great foundations! I hope I helped! :)

      Delete