One Palette, Four Blushes, Six Dollars.

e.l.f elf cosmetics blush palette review swatches light drugstore
If there's one makeup product I find the most joy in purchasing and trying out, it would definitely be blush. This is actually quite interesting considering the fact that blush was one of the last things I finally included into my makeup routine, but when I started, I realized how pretty its effect can be. Having said that, I'm always drawn to blushes and this e.l.f Blush Palette in "light" (also comes in dark) was no exception. 

e.l.f elf cosmetics blush palette review swatches light drugstore
I never tried e.l.f before due to its lack of access in Canada, but owing to its ridiculously low prices coupled with great quality, I had made it a point to try them out eventually. Firstly, I love its packaging as the brand usually adopts Nars' vibe with its sleek and slightly rubberized black casing and snap closure. Inside, there are four blushes, all mattes expect for the shimmery one at the bottom right, although its shimmer is hardly apparent on the cheeks. Also, each pan is removable so you can mix and match your palette if you also have the dark version.

e.l.f elf cosmetics blush palette review swatches light drugstore     

The actual blushes are very pigmented. So, I highly recommend the lightest tap for both cheeks (and even that is sometimes too much!). These blushes are also very long-lasting. The only slight negative aspect to these blushes is that while they are very pigmented, they are also not the easiest to blend. So what I do to sheer it out a bit is by going over my cheeks with my foundation brush so as to cover the pigment a bit more. It's not a huge struggle especially since I always prefer my blush to be quite noticeable anyway, but it's something to keep in mind if you don't prefer it that way.


Top left: cool baby pink with blue undertones
Top right: peachy nude
Bottom left: deep rosy pink
Bottom right: burnt orange with red undertones


I also want to point out these blushes' similarities to the Too Faced Love Flush blushes. Considering how affordable this blush palette is, I believe that if there are a few shades you want from the Too Faced blush range, perhaps consider the e.l.f palette as a drugstore alternative. In the photo below, I have 3 pairs of swatches with the top of each pair being the e.l.f swatch:

In the first pair, the cool pink is a tiny bit warmer when compared to the nearly lavender Too Faced "Justify My Love". 
In the second pair, the peachy nude is a bit more tan compared to Too Faced's "I Will Always Love You". 
In the third pair, the shimmery shade is a bit darker and has shimmer compared to the Too Faced "How Deep Is Your Love" blush. 
As for the rosy pink, there really isn't a dupe for this in the Too Faced blush collection.

Formula-wise, I find that the e.l.f blushes are slightly more pigmented as well as less easy to blend than the Too Faced blushes. However, as I mentioned before, there can be enough similarities to get away with opting for the e.l.f palette instead of the higher-end Too Faced blushes.



All in all, I really enjoy this palette. And considering that it's only $6 for four high quality blushes, it is an absolute steal and makes me want to try more from the brand. Have you tried e.l.f before? What do you think?



shop this post.

SaveSave
SaveSave

14 comments:

  1. Such an amazing price and really love the shades :)

    Lotte | www.lottebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this palette, it made my blush favourites post. Besides the light orange colour, I love all the shades!

    Blush & Pearls by Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great product! And me too, I'm usually one to lean towards the pinker tones, so the nude shades usually get a little less love from me. But it's a great all-round palette nonetheless!

      Delete
  3. I wish Elf was more accessible in the U.K! This palette looks so lovely and I'm in love with all the swatches x

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it will soon! It really is a great palette :)

      Delete
  4. Looks great! I'm definitely gonna try it, I've only used elf's brushes and they're pretty cool .

    Instagram | Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great brand! I really want to try out more from them as well :)

      Delete
  5. What a steal, and I love the pigment and shades!
    Kathy x
    Alongcamekathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I haven't bought anything from elf in such a long time, but after reading this that may have to change! I love how pigmented they are!

    Nicole | The Glam Surge // Enter My Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try more from them as well! Such amazing pigmentation and quality for such an affordable brand!

      Delete
  7. Wow they are so amazing babeeee!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us! Happy New Year to you and your family!! Dominica from London, www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Dominica! Happy New Year to you and your family as well :) Glad you enjoyed this post!

      Delete