Loving the Gloss.

tanya burr lipgloss review champagne toast
I've said many times before that I'm a loyal matte lipstick lover. Of course, the beauty world is a forever dynamic one, and this definitely extends to us consumers as well as we always seems to be trying out the new trends and releases. I've always had an aversion to lipgloss and even anything shiny on the lips in general. So, I don't know what came over me, but I suddenly found myself adoring the glossy lip look. I'm all about anything that conveys an ethereal aesthetic, so perhaps that's why when it came to exploring lip gloss for the first time, I ended up with this soft neutral shimmer gloss. And I'm hooked.

tanya burr drugstore lipgloss review swatch
This Tanya Burr lipgloss in Champagne Toast, offers a lovely neutral gloss that also contains very fine sparkles which I absolutely adore. In fact, I believe it's because of these sparkles that I finally fell in love with a lipgloss. It kind of resembles a toned-down version of the popular "lip-topper" by the brand Jouer due to its shimmery reflect that you can wear on its own for a natural shine or over the top of a lipstick. I actually feel that a lipgloss is a good idea to have in your makeup collection as it expands your lip options by transforming your mattes into a shiny finish.


In terms of this specific product, I absolutely love it which parallels with my impression of the high quality lipsticks by Tanya which I featured recently. It is relatively long-lasting, not intolerably sticky (but it is still tacky, nonetheless), and the shiny gloss effect is extremely pretty. It also contains a candy-watermelon scent. And of course, the packaging is simply stunning. Also, the collection comes in a multitude of shades, ranging from reds, pinks, corals, berries, and nudes. For a first gloss, I intentionally selected a nude one which I feel offers more versatility.

I never expected to enjoy a lipgloss so much, but it makes sense to me why the gloss trend is now emerging and growing quite popular. I always embrace variety, so it is quite refreshing to add this to my collection and experiment with such a new product to me. What do you think of lipgloss? What's your recommendation?


8 comments:

  1. i love the packaging of this gloss ! i have never tried Tanya burr glosses , i am so glad they are not very sticky so i can try them soon :)

    http://www.clairetalksbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I hope you enjoy when you try them out!

      Delete
  2. Pretty packaging, but even prettier is the gif you provided. It's such a refreshing way to present swatches.

    Selene Addicted

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love glosses so much and even though everyone is all about the matte trend, I'm sticking with my glosses!
    Kathy x
    Alongcamekathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Always stay true to what you love!

      Delete
  4. This lip gloss looks wonderful. I definitely need to get more into glosses.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com
    https://www.instagram.com/themakeupaficionado17/
    https://au.pinterest.com/bernadette_95/

    ReplyDelete