Inside My Handbag Makeup Bag.

handbag makeup bag essential makeup maybelline rimmel kate moss
There are those makeup products that feel so essential, you just can't part with whenever you go out. Those are the makeup products that we house in our handbags and makeup bags for on the go. It's only a select few, especially when you prefer to travel light like me, but I feel that a peek in this compressed collection can be quite interesting as it must contains products that one truly relies on!

handbag makeup bag essential makeup maybelline rimmel kate moss

1. Powder
This is a must-have. In fact, most products that I bring with me are complexion products as my base makeup is usually the first to wear off through the day. I'm personally not a huge powder person, but I do feel that a compact powder is the perfect travelling product for touchups and combating any emerging oils as it's so fuss-free. I actually don't take my favourite Rimmel Matte Me Pressed Powder since it doesn't include a sponge or mirror; that's why I usually bring this Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless Powder which does suffice for whenever I go out.

2. Concealer
This is a must have for me. I usually have watery eyes no matter the season and this definitely takes a toll on the under-eyes which can create awful noticeable streaks. So, a concealer like my favourite Maybelline Fit Me is a must-have for me; I just dab a bit onto the face and blend out with my fingers.

3. Eyebrow Gel
I have unruly and quite hairy eyebrows. No matter how much I trim them, they cannot ever be truly tamed. Bringing an eyebrow gel with me like my trusty Rimmel Brow This Way ensures that I can set them in place for whenever they get a little disobedient.

4. Lipstick
This is probably applicable for most people. I feel that regardless of how long-lasting a lipstick can be, I still always feel compelled to bring it out with me just in case! So, the lip product I'm wearing for a particular day is always in my handbag makeup bag. My most used lipstick: the Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick in "107".

5. Tools
An eyelash curler and tweezers are essentials for me. As mentioned countless amount of times, I have straight lashes so sometimes throughout a long day I may feel the need to refresh the lashes by curling them again, although to be quite honest, this has decreased ever since I've discovered the waterproof version of the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara. Tweezers can also be quite handy for any hairs that may have gone unnoticed before, but can also come in use for other things throughout the day, such as tightening a piece of jewellery that's unhooked or opening a difficult package.

6. Perfume
I love to take advantage of perfume samples that one can get from beauty purchases such as Sephora. I feel that these mini sizes are so convenient and perfect for travelling and popping in your makeup bag. Currently, I am testing out the Victor & Rolf Flowerbomb (testing out because it takes a while for me to decide on a scent - current opinion: too potent and too floral and a bit spicy). Of course, I always keep my own custom perfume "Mademoiselle" on hand (and spritzing the full size at home before I go out)! 


I like to keep my handbag makeup bag as compressed as possible, while still containing the products that I may need throughout the day and I feel that this list gives me just that. What are your "essential" products that you must take on the go with you?

Follow

20 comments:

  1. ooo the maybelline fit me concealer sounds really good, ill have to give it a try!
    jen | velvet spring

    ReplyDelete
  2. That make-up bag is so cute. I love the Rimmel Kate lipsticks, I have a few myself.
    The Pale Tails
    - Beckie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's actually from Forever 21. I adore the Rimmel lipsticks as well and love all the ones I own! :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't used the fit me concealer in such a long time! i really need to pick it up again :) lovely choices for your bag :)

    http://claresloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only beauty products you'd find in my purse is a lipstick and a rollerball, haha. Lovely picks nonetheless. I loved the Maybelline Fit Me powder, until my daughter got a hold of it lol

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travelling light is my favourite! Haha, seems like she already has a liking for makeup!

      Delete
  5. I think I should try this Fit Me compact powder, becouse I like Fit Me concealar, so it could be a nice powder for my handbag make up bag :)

    Great blog girl, I'm following you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Fit Me collection is one of my favourites, including my foundation!

      Thanks so much! I'm now following you too! Great blog :)

      Delete
  6. I usually only carry 1 or 5 lipsticks/ glosses/ balms in my bag but keeping products for touching up is smart. I should def start carrying around tweezers! I hate when I happen to look in the mirror and find a stray hair lol.

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to only carry a lipstick with me too! Except that I found after a long day, I could definitely had a touch-up haha!

      Delete
  7. Great post, I like the Fit Me concealer too! x
    A Blushing Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. In which shade do you have your Fit Me concealer? I bought it some time ago and I feel it's too dark and I can't use that! It's a pity that here in Estonia they have only 2 shades to choose from, because I like the formula.
    http://mariarttr.blogspot.com.ee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the shade "15 Fair" which is actually lighter than shade 10! I do wish that Maybelline had an even lighter shade than 15, though.

      Delete
  9. Great products~ You made me remember my KATE 107 lipstick which I used to be absolutely obsessed with. Need to grab that out of my stash and start using it again. I also love keeping sample sized perfumes in my travel makeup bag too :)

    Great post and lovely blog. I am now following on Bloglovin'
    Have a lovely day ♥

    Ying | * Y i n g c b e a u t y *

    X x X x X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the post! Thank you and I've followed you back! :)

      Delete