The Type of Makeup Product I Can't Get Enough Of for the Summer.

shimmer blush elf sleek solstice  highlighter drugstore

I've never been totally in love with highlighter. Rather, I apply it whenever I'm in the mood for it or if I want a more dewy look, otherwise I usually go for my preferred matte skin base. Blush on the hand, is my favourite makeup product and I make sure to always include it in my makeup routine. Recently, for what I believe to be really the first time, I am really enjoying dewy and highlighted skin. Specifically, highlighters in the form of blushes as it means highlighted cheeks on the apples rather than just on the cheekbones, which I feel really creates a fresh and youthful appearance. Here are some of the products that I've been using to give me that look.

e.l.f. Blush Palette (Light). This palette contains one shimmery blush, which is a very pigmented terracotta shade with specks of gold shimmer, creating the perfect bronzy summer shade. It's more blush than highlighter, but adds a pretty subtle glow to the cheeks.

Sleek Blush By 3 (Pink Lemonade). The first and third shade (which broke!) of this palette both are shimmery blushes, the first being more subtle. I find these types of products quite unique as they are not a translucent highlighter, but has more of a base pigment, offering actual colour as well as a shimmery glow. It's like a 2-in-1, negating the need for a separate blush and highlighter.

Sleek Highlighting Palette (Solstice). This is a highlighter palette, but as it contains more colourful shades, I've actually been applying them (particularly the lavender and bronzy one) atop the apples of my cheeks like blush rather just on the cheekbones. This creates a pretty glow with subtle base pigment and an overall youthful dewy look. 



Do you like shimmery blushes, or prefer highlighters and blushes separate? 
What is your current favourite summer product? 



shop this post.

12 comments:

  1. Still enjoy my e.l.f. blush palette! I have to be careful with shimmers in the summer since I get more oily in the summer months.

    Blush & Pearls by Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That palette is so good and incredibly pigmented! I agree with being more oily in the summer, although I like to pretend that it's intentional dewiness haha ;)

      Delete
  2. The elf blush palette looks really pretty!

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So great and not just for a drugstore product!

      Delete
  3. oo the sleek palette is just gorgeous isn't it!!

    Ronnie
    www.veronicabizzarri.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really is! I can't get enough of it!

      Delete
  4. I need to get that highlighting palette pronto. I've been seeing it a lot and I just need to purchase it once and for all aha x

    http://www.erinazmir.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me awhile too haha! It was totally worth it though!

      Delete
  5. I might need to give blush highlighters a try as I don't like to wear highlighters on my face, i feel to sparkly.

    Nathalie
    www.nathalie-alexandra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a pretty and more subtle alternative to a more isolated and intense highlighter!

      Delete
  6. The ELF blush palette looks stunning, I wouldn't be able to put it down either. Great post xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is so pretty! I've been getting my use of it especially during the summertime!

      Delete