Atypical Autumn Makeup: Purple.

purple autumn winter makeup
When it comes to autumnal makeup, the first thing you probably envision is berry lips + copper lids. As much as I truly love that classic look, I equally enjoy variety in my makeup looks. Recently, I've been really enjoying purple tones especially since it's very different, but still in line with the berry deep tones of autumn/winter. As unconventional as purple can be, it's also a colour that can be incorporated all over: eyes, cheeks, and lips, therefore it can be easily worn. So, this is my current makeup medley that I am currently loving wearing for this autumn:

maybelline blushed nudes eyeshadow palette too faced blush loreal lipstick        

Firstly, on the eyes, I've been loving wearing jewel purple tones. It's different yet can be very elegant and sophisticated looking depending on its tone. As I mentioned, opting for more jewel variations can give off a chic effect, but of course if you're more daring, solid vivid purples definitely steps it up and offers a more fierce look. When comes the autumn and winter months, I especially love to use the Maybelline Blushed Nudes palette (review here) as I love wearing more blush and plum tones during this time of year and this palette offers just that. These shadows are not intensely pigmented, but I truly enjoy what it contributes to my eye makeup. 

For cheeks, plumy purples are very complimentary due to its deep tone. For this, I absolutely adore using the Too Faced Love Flush Blush in 'Your Love is King'. I find that blush always ties together a makeup look, so this is key for me.

Finally, the lips. There is a massive range of purple lipstick shades, such as berry tones, mauves, etc. One of my favourite purple lipsticks, however, is this magenta shade belonging to the L'OrĂ©al Le Matte range in the shade '108 - Matte-r of Fact' (review here). I love opting for this brighter shade as it creates a very interesting combination with the deeper tones of the rest of the makeup. 

 Swatches top to bottom: lipstick, blush, eyeshadow



What do you think? What different looks do you like going for during the autumn/winter?

SaveSaveFollow

10 comments:

  1. I'm totally guilty of thinking fall makeup = berry lips. I never really thought of plummy makeup, especially plummy eyes. But I think I need to give it a go cause it sounds gorgeous. I also love that L'oreal lipstick color :)

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too sometimes haha! Plummy makeup is gorgeous though! I'm happy to help!

      Delete
  2. My lipstick stash is literally made of autumn color, need to expand that shade to eyeshadow. I didn't know Maybelline's palette has such pretty purple color, I really need to check them out, Dena, thank you!

    Selene Addicted

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice that you're still wearing pinks and lighter shades!
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it creates such a nice contrast to the darker makeup on the rest of the face!

      Delete
  4. Lovely post and the eye shadow palette looks to die for. Your pictures are really great.
    Lea, xx
    www.asnippetoflife.com

    ReplyDelete