Pretty Makeup for Special Occasions.

shiseido givenchy too faced lipstick blush perfume mascara dior eyeshadow sephora beauty makeup blogger blog paris french review

I really like the idea of reserving a selection of makeup products for special occasions, especially those that may be more luxurious or with beautiful packaging. It just adds to the allure of getting dressed up for a fancy occasion - after all, getting ready is the best part of any event, right? These are a few products that I personally like to wear during those occasions that make the day just a bit more special.
Eyeshadow. There's just something about using a designer product on a special occasion. I mean, I've got other eyeshadows that are less luxe than this Dior 5 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palette, but have better quality, however when it comes to a more sophisticated event, I actually prefer more subtle shades on the eyes. Plus, the packaging just makes getting ready even more fun!

Mascara. This is again a time where I like to use the product simply because it is designer. Don't get me wrong, on a daily basis, I always place priority on quality, regardless of brand name. That's why even on a special occasions, I'd still use my trusty L'Oréal Lash Paradise Mascara. However, over top it I like to add just a bit of the Givenchy Noir Interdit Mascara which is infused with the scent of rose water. Even though I'm not a huge fan of the scent, it adds something special that I wouldn't otherwise do on a normal day.

Blush. The Too Faced "Justify My Love" Blush is an everyday favourite of mine so it makes sense to stay loyal to it even on special occasions. I absolutely adore the packaging as well as the colour (a cool-toned baby pink) that adds a feminine flair to any makeup look. Plus, theses blushes are super long-lasting, so they are great to depend on for those long events.

Lipstick. I usually opt for a more rich toned lipstick shade for special occasions of which I have many that fall into the berry/vampy category. So, why not go for the prettiest packaging? That's why I love to use the Too Faced Peach Kiss in "Stop Traffic" as it is a matte shade, thus super long-lasting, yet comfortable to wear. There are a lot of other shades too, so I'm sure you can find a shade you personally love!

Perfume. For me, special occasions usually beg the use of perfume. When it comes to fragrances, I generally prefer girly, floral, yet sweet scents which this Shiseido "Ever Bloom" Perfume exudes although in a more sophistacted and mature way which I love. I usually go for my Marc Jacobs Daisy for everyday, but I love to reserve this scent for those special events.


What products do you enjoy wearing for special occasions?  



shop this post.*


*Product links on this page are affiliated links.

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment