Products for a Full Coverage & Long Lasting Base.

makeup beauty blogger fashion style maybelline rimmel bh cosmetics brush foundation drugstore concealer powder

I'm all for the natural and "barely-there" makeup look, especially when it comes the skin. However, sometimes it's feels necessary for a more full coverage finish, whether it be for concealing blemishes or for creating a longer lasting and more perfected base for an event - or it may be just your preference, which was mine until recently! Regardless, here are the products that I rely on for a fuller coverage and longer lasting skin base.

Foundation. As the name implies, foundation really is the foundation for the skin and so if you want a full coverage base, naturally a full coverage foundation is where to start. I find that matte foundations especially amp up the coverage as it prevents a slippier and short lasting coverage that light coverage foundations often give to the skin. My favourite for this is the Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation: it's matte, full coverage (a little goes a long way!), yet still very flattering on the skin. I don't worry much about it dissipating from my skin throughout the day and  my face doesn't feel uncomfortable with it on either!

Concealer. After foundation, I like to conceal and highlight with concealer, especially under the eyes and around the nose. A thicker concealer is best for this, yet one that is still hydrating to preventing any unflattering crackiness throughout the day. I love the Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer as it is thicker than the usual concealer (again, a little goes a long way) and so the coverage is amazing, yet it still contains moisturizing properties so that it blends and meshes into the skin beautifully.

Powder. On a day to day basis, I tend to skip on the powder, however, I often find it necessary for a longer lasting and fuller coverage look. I use the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder for an overall dusting on the face as it is light and fine, thereby preventing a heavy or cakey look. Then, I apply some of the Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Powder for those areas that are more prone to shine and wearing off of makeup. Overall, the powders basically lock and seal the underlying products and make the skin look more airbrushed and longer lasting. 

The Brush. It's also worth mentioning that the brush does make a difference in terms of achieving the type of finish and coverage you want. I find that a flat top or dense buffer brush really compacts product into the skin, thereby using as much product as possible for a fuller coverage finish. A looser brush would then would create a more diffused and lighter coverage look. I love using the BH Cosmetics brushes as they are so affordable, yet superb quality!


What are your dependable and reliable products for a full coverage and long lasting base?


shop this post.*
*Product links on this page are affiliated links.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment