Strobing Staple: Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette

Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette
I'm sure you've heard of the much raved about Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette. Previously, I was contemplating purchasing a Becca highlighter, however, due to the almost equal hype of this Sleek palette (which is at a fraction of Becca's price!) and how it looked on others, I knew I had to get this. Sleek isn't available in Canada, so I actually ordered it off of Feel Unique and the delivery came within a week! I was actually purchasing a few items, but delayed in clicking checkout on my order since the palette was out of stock, but I was determined to wait for it; needless to say, as soon as I received the "back in stock" email notification, I ran to my computer! As I'm checking now, the palette seems to be temporarily out of stock again, but I'm sure it will be restocked very soon. And let me tell you right now: it's worth the wait!

Sleek Solstice Highlight Review
Sleek Highlight Palette
Sleek Solstice Highlighters Swatches   
The palette contains 4 shades, comprised of one cream and three powders. What I especially love about this palette, is the colour selection. I used to think that having more than one highlighter shade was a bit excessive, but it wasn't until this palette that I formed an appreciation for the creativity that can explored for highlighters. 
Ecliptic is naturally a tiny less pigmented than the rest due to its cream formula, but it's stunning nonetheless with its beautiful bronze/topaz tint. 
Hemisphere is a cool-toned lilac which is actually my favourite; it doesn't come off as stark purple, but injects an opalescent iridescence that is just so pretty. 
Subsolar is an off-white shade which I also really love and is more of my go-to since it practically compliments any and every makeup look. 
Equinox is a gold-toned shade, perfect for pairing with a warm or bronzed makeup look especially during the summer. 
The pigmentation of the shades is excellent. You wouldn't really want anything more than what they offer: not chunky or glittery, yet intense with great payoff. Also, the actual pans of the shades are so stunning, they kind of remind me of fairy dust!   
Sleek Solstice Highlight Palette Review Swatches
Click on image above to zoom!
Of course, the packaging also looks stunning, however, I feel like the quality of the case isn't as great as it looks; it does feel a bit cheap, but honestly, it does the job and I really can't complain with its sturdy hard case and magnetic closure. Overall, this is a stunning palette that I feel offers an excellent variety of highlighting shades, each with great quality and at a very affordable cost. Also, if you're interested in different highlighting shades, Sleek carries another highlighting palette called "Precious Metals" as well as a limited edition shade called "Midas Touch".


Let me know what you think of this palette!

SaveSaveFollow

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Absolutely love the palette! The shades are all so beautiful. :)
    www.isabellaschoice.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you enjoyed them!
      The shades really are so pretty and unique!

      Delete
  2. Unrelated to actual post, but where did you get that keychain? This gorgeous, luxurious-looking palette is still not back in stock here, ugh. Nevertheless, I'm glad you can get your hand on this piece, Dena! Equinox is the main reason why I want this, it looks like perfect shade for my skin.

    Selene Addicted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the keychain is from Indigo.ca (Canadian store, but ships to some international countries). They always have loads of cute things!
      And yes, the palette is so high demand; probably more than ever now, ever since Jaclyn Hill recommended it, haha! It's worth the wait though, and I hope you finally get your hands on it!

      Delete