Brand Focus: Maybelline.

maybelline fit me color tattoo age rewind blushed nudes eyeshadow palette eyeliner lash sensational big shot colossal
I think Maybelline is a brand that I own the most from, especially in the drugstore category. So, I thought it would be helpful to compile a rundown on my Maybelline products and my thoughts on them. You've probably read my opinions on the majority of these products as I frequently feature a few of these in my blog posts, but consider this an official (yet concise) roundup, dedicated to all things Maybelline. 

The "Fit Me" Collection. This collection includes foundation, concealer, and powder of which comes in a matte and dewy formulation. I own the matte collection and I love all of the products. The foundation and concealer are my all-time favourites as they provide a good coverage, yet lightweight feel. The powder is one that I like to use when I want a full coverage look, although my Rimmel Stay Matte powder still trumps this one. 

Age Rewind Concealer. This concealer is not my favourite as I feel that it really does nothing for me. It has a thick consistency, but its coverage and shade is poor. Definitely not a product that I would repurchase.  

Blushed Nudes Eyeshadow Palette. I really enjoy this palette. Surely, it is not incredibly pigmented or on par with high-end eyeshadows, but this palette contains shades that are beautifully pigmented and rich, but also contains ones that are poor in quality. Nonetheless, I frequently use this palette for the good shades which offers me exactly what I want. 

24-Hour Color Tattoo. This is a classic product and I really enjoy it. It is pigmented and metallic and offers an impactful eye look. The only con would be that it dries a bit, but a little warming-up with the finger can easily smoothen the product again.

In Line Stiletto Liquid Eyeliner. I haven't heard anyone discuss this product before, but I really adore this. It is a liquid brush-tip liner that is quite liquid-y, but not runny and dries down to a semi-matte finish. I prefer these types of eyeliners and this particular one is very easy to work with and is also long lasting. Just note that it requires a wait-time to layer on the liner as it can easily pick upon itself when it's still wet.

Lash Sensational. I cannot rave about this mascara enough. It is my holy grail - it fans out the lashes, generously coats and blackens them, and gives enough curling power (especially the waterproof version). It doesn't thicken the lashes very much, but for me, it gives me just the right amount.

Big Shot Colossal. This is not one that I would repurchase. I originally bought this due to the rave reviews about how it performs on the lower lashes. However, due to its thick wand, it just makes a mess down there, but on the other hand, its thick wand also means greater volume. So it simply depends on your needs and preferences. 


I don't have a Maybelline product for every category of makeup such as blushes and lipsticks (although I really want to try them out!), but I feel that I still own enough to hopefully provide you with a feel on what products this brand has to offer. 
What are your hits and misses from Maybelline?

Follow


shop this post.

10 comments:

  1. I've read some mixed reviews on the Maybelline Blushed palette , not sure if I would pick it up - but foundations are amazing

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite a hit and miss palette! Not a repurchase for me, but still enjoyable!

      Delete
  2. I love the fit me range too, especially the foundation!

    Lotte | www.lottebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great collection! The foundation and concealer are my all time favourites!

      Delete
  3. Great post,the Fit Me range sounds great. I have only tried the foundation and I love Lash Sensational so much. The Stiletto eyeliner sounds fantastic, I really want to try that. I actually really like the Age Rewind concealer but hate that it only comes in two shades - ridiculous. Loved this post! I am selling some high end, barely used products on my blog, it would mean a lot to me if you would check it out and see if you want anything. Hope you have a great day xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin | Blog Sale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your opinions on these products! And I agree with the poor shade range of the concealer - I can't even find a light enough shade for my fair skin!

      Delete
  4. I've been wanting to try the Fit Me foundation for a time now because everyone speaks really well about it. And also the Lash Sensational mascara looks so good xxx
    http://fallingforablog.blogspot.com.es/2017/05/patched-shirt.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those two are such big favourites of mine! They are great recommendations!

      Delete
  5. Maybelline is one of the best drugstore brands in my opinion! They have so many goodies that I spotted in here. I have yet to try their Colour Tattoos though! I always hear about how amazing they are.

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Maybelline is definitely among the top drugstore brands, with a wide variety of products!

      Delete