Soft & Subtle Makeup.

soft subtle makeup dior maybelline fit me concealer essence lipstick ulta natural beauty swatch

Most often than not, "pigmented" equates to high quality and anything less than that is considered a "disappointing product". I'll admit, when it comes to the majority of my makeup and preferences, high pigmentation is almost always a priority. However, there are those times and settings where I like to intentionally opt for a softer and more subtle makeup look, whether it be for the eyes, lips, or face. So, here are a few picks for you subtle makeup lovers.

soft subtle makeup dior maybelline fit me concealer essence lipstick ulta natural beauty swatch  sephora

Eyeshadow. Subtle eyeshadows offer something very different than those that are very intensely pigmented. They introduce a flair of sophistication that works well for all ages. Soft shimmers add a slight pretty sheen and mattes create a subtle wash of colour - both, however, can be built up to a more impactful, yet very soft look. These types of shadows are great if you're not comfortable with intense colour on your eyes or if you simply prefer the more subtle kind of eye look. 

Lipstick. Sheer and moisturizing lipstick are a very pretty and even youthful looking product that is obvious, yet not bold. Subtle shades are also a great way to pair intense eye looks to prevent them from competing with your lip colour. Regardless of your aim with sheer lipsticks, they still give a very effortless and classic look.

Skin. Sometimes a heavy full coverage base is not what I am going for, so sometimes I like to balance it out with a hydrating concealer underneath my eyes or I'll even skip the foundation and just smear and buff the same concealer all over the face, on its own. This creates a very natural looking skin base that makes the face appear brighter and more youthful. 


Are you a fan of soft and subtle makeup? What type of products are you willing to sacrifice pigmentation for?
Follow


shop this post.

6 comments:

  1. I definitely look for less pigmented products in terms of everything except eyeshadow as I prefer pretty neutral subtle makeup every day! Great post and products xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed this post! Yes I agree, subtle makeup is the perfect neutral everyday look!

      Delete
  2. I love dior makeup, will have to give these a try!

    Lotte | www.lottebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love subtle makeup for days where i want a more natural look. x

    Erin Azmir Blog

    ReplyDelete