The Coolest Blush Ever, Literally.

clinique cheek pop blush pansy pop too faced justify my love baby love dupe tarte exposed

Blush is one of my favourite makeup products. I may be in the minority in that regard, but I'm definitely in the minority when I say that I specifically love very cool-toned blushes. Don't get me wrong, I also adore warm peachy tones as well as the more natural colours, however, ultimately, the blue-based baby pinks is my favourite blush shade. I feel that this colour family can be flattering on any skin tone as it offers a very brightening and fresh look to the face, as if you were just outside in the cold. I have fair warm-toned skin which frames the cool tones very prettily, but I've also seen such blushes on very dark skin and it looks absolutely beautiful. I first fell in love with cool-toned blushes when I first tried the Too Faced "Justify My Love" blush, which soon became my go-to. Ever since then, I was on the hunt for the coolest blush I could find, and here it is: Clinique's Cheek Pop Blush in "Pansy Pop"

clinique cheek pop blush pansy pop too faced justify my love baby love dupe tarte exposed
clinique cheek pop blush pansy pop too faced justify my love baby love dupe tarte exposed swatch
clinique cheek pop blush pansy pop too faced justify my love baby love dupe tarte exposed swatch review
Top to bottom swatch: Clinique "Pansy Pop", Too Faced "Justify My Love" )

The packaging is a small, yet relatively thick, clear compact encasing a beautifully daisy print on the blush. As for the shade, Pansy Pop is a baby pink bordering on lavender - it's that cool toned. Compared to Justify My Love, Pansy Pop is evidently far cooler and is much more blue-toned, whereas the former has more pink in it. I read many reviews stating that this blush hardly shows up and is very sheer, but I did not find that to be the case, especially when using a dense brush (I like to use the Real Techniques Contour Brush) and rubbing it against the pan a few times and then buffing it onto the cheeks - less pigmented than the Too Faced one, but barely. The texture is very smooth and does not feel or look powdery at all. Also, the daisy print barely vanishes even after using it many times, which is great!

The Clinique Cheek Pop Blush range is very vast and contains a high diversity of shades, so check them out if you're interested! 
What shade of blush is your go-to?

Follow


shop this post.

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSave

10 comments:

  1. Nice review, I've never tired clinique blushes before or cool tone blushes, but maybe I will now :)

    Kayla
    Sheer Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy this! Cool toned blushes are so pretty, but are often disregarded, unfortunately.

      Delete
  2. The embossing on that blush seriously looks so pretty I wouldnt want to use it so I can preserve it.

    Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know what you mean, but the amazing thing is that they design hardly wears off! I've heard many people say that they've been using these blushes for years and the design is still perfectly intact!

      Delete
  3. This is such a lovely shade! Great review, I am definitely going to try out their blushers!

    Emily xo
    www.emilynewstead.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily! I too, want to try out more from this range! So far, I'm really impressed!

      Delete
  4. I wanted to try the Cheek Pops and then I forgot about them. They look so cute and I've heard great things about them. I think they also have lid shades too. http://www.mrsqbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I finally gave attention to these haha! Yes, there are also eyeshadows available, but I've heard that they're disappointing, especially when compared to the quality of the blushes!

      Delete
  5. This blush looks really pretty! I'm not sure if cool-toned blushes would look good on my skintone, so I usually stick to pretty neutral blushes. I've been using Tarte's Amazonian Clay Blush in Paaarty religiously lately.

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got that blush recently as the birthday gift and it is a pretty colour! I'm not sure how cool tones look on all skin tones, but it's worth a try! :)

      Delete