The Eyeshadow I Would Keep If I Had to Only Have One.

stila glitter shimmer eyeshadow sephora review swatch metals

As much as I love eyeshadow palettes and variety in my makeup collection, it wouldn't necessarily be very difficult for me to narrow down my eyeshadow collection, even if it means just keeping one staple eyeshadow. If I had to only limit myself to one ideal eyeshadow, it would definitely be a pinky champagne shimmer that could offer me some versatility and be used with almost any makeup look. Thankfully, that ideal shadow does indeed exist, particularly in the form of Stila Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow in "Kitten Karma"

I know these glitters have been super popular in the beauty community, which is indeed well deserved. My favourite shade is also perhaps the most famous one: "Kitten Karma" - a pinky, yet neutral-toned champagne shade that can go with any makeup look. In fact, if you layer it ever so slightly over any colour shadow, the glitter particles reflect the shadow beneath it, so it pretty much can act as a neutral glitter that can amp up any eye look. Also, this collection has a wide array of shades, so you could play around with so many colours.

The glitter effect is so pretty, yet can be manipulated in a way that offers a variety of outcomes: heavily swiping it with the wand onto your lids a couple of times acheives an opaque and intense metallic lid; or you could tap lightly on the lid and blend with your finger or brush to diffuse the glitter for a more scattered and subtle effect; and of course, you could also apply in just the centre of the lid or even in the inner-corners for a subtle pop! 


What would be your staple eyeshadow if you had to only stick to one?



shop this post.*


*Product links on this page are affiliated links.

2 comments:

  1. I have been eyeing those stila liquid shadows for many months. I need to finally take the plunge and try them, I just don't know which stage to start with.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're one of my all-time favourite purchases! I would recommend a neutral shade that you feel you would wear most often. And a light hand makes them super wearable!

      Delete