The Full Face Drugstore Makeup Edit.

makeup beauty blogger maybelline rimmel elf nyx drugstore sephora eyeshadow lipstick review

I like my high-end makeup as much as I like my drugstore products. Sometimes, the drugstore even supersedes in quality than the former and I often my staple products are actually from the drugstore. So, it really isn't difficult for me to compile this full-face worth of drugstore makeup products that are great in quality and of course, in price.

The Base.
For the skin, such as foundation, concealer, and powder, I actually have my 'holy-grails' from the drugstore. The Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless foundation is my all-time favourite as it can easily be manipulated to achieve different coverages and finishes. For example, using just a small amount allows for your skin to still appear natural with a more satin-like finish (even though the foundation is matte), while building up the product imparts more of a full-coverage, matte look.

For concealer, the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer is one of my most favourite products ever, period. It's not thick or drying, but has excellent coverage with a satin finish. I sometimes use this all over the face for a natural base!

I don't always use powder, however, the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder is the one I go to most when I need it. The powder is fine so it doesn't give me any dry patches of which I am usually prone to. Plus, it really does reduce shine effectively.

makeup beauty blogger maybelline rimmel elf nyx drugstore sephora eyeshadow lipstick review        The Cheeks.
For blush, the drugstore is often equal in quality with Sephora, however, the trouble may sometimes be the lack of variety of blush shades at the drugstore. However, the e.l.f. Blush Palette (I have shade "Light") offers 4 unique and diverse shades which are highly pigmented and long-lasting on the cheeks. There are two colour-ways ("Light" and "Dark"), plus you can even pop out the pans and mix and match the shades from the palettes!

The Eyes. 
For eyeshadow, I tend to lean more towards higher-end palettes. I do find that for eyeshadow, you can see a difference in quality, although that isn't to say that the drugstore has zero high-quality eyeshadows. The Maybelline Blushed Nudes Eyeshadow Palette is definitely not on par with my higher-end palettes, however, they do offer subtle and soft shades along with a few richly pigmented metallics. For an everyday eyeshadow look, this palette really does achieve that look.

For eyeliner, it's been difficult for me to be devoted to one from the drugstore, however, one that I've tried that I do recommend especially for those who prefer an actual liquid liner (rather than felt pen), is the Maybelline Line Stiletto Liquid Eyeliner. It is richly pigmented and easy to use and doesn't dry out quickly.

The Brows.
The drugstore gives me exactly what I need when it comes to the brows. I feel that eyebrows really don't need a luxury product, so it's not necessary to spend the money on one. The L'OrĂ©al Brow Stylist Definer (I use shade "Brunette") is perfect for me as it has quite a fine point and isn't very pigmented where you run the risk of intense brows. I use flicking motions to achieve very natural looking brow hairs.

For me, there is no point in using a pencil if I can't use my brow gel - it's a necessity in my makeup routine. The Rimmel Brow This Way Brow Gel (I use the clear one) is probably my most re-purchased product ever - it sets my brow hairs in shape, making them last how I want them to throughout the entire day. 

The Lips. 
In my opinion, the drugstore actually has superior lipsticks than higher-end brands. From Rimmel to Maybelline to NYX (pictured here is the NYX Matte Lipstick in "Alabama"), I often find them to be richly pigmented, long-lasting, and super comfortable on the lips - what more could you ask for?


What are your favourite drugstore products?


shop this post.*
*Product links on this page are affiliated links.

2 comments:

  1. At my core, I'm always going to be a drugstore gal at heart because I love finding awesome makeup at a bargain price. Maybelline is one of those brands where when it comes to brows, mascara and concealer - I'm obsessed with everything I've tried.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Maybelline is one of the top drugstore brands that practically never disappoints!

      Delete