The Colour Combination I've Been Loving to Wear.

too faced blush lipstick lady balls pink red makeup tutorial beauty blogger blog canadian fashion style

I've almost always loved the colour pairing of pink and red, both in makeup and fashion. It's unexpected and potentially clashing which is what I think makes it exciting, but it also just works somehow. As long as the the pink is subtle, light, and cool-toned and the red is deep and also similar in tone as the pink, it actually compliments each other, but in a unique and different way. This is the colour combination that I've often found myself wearing a lot lately and loving.

too faced blush lipstick lady balls pink red makeup tutorial beauty blogger blog canadian fashion style


Pink eyeshadow has been everywhere lately, especially manifested by the plethora of eyeshadow palette releases such as the Urban Decay "Cherry" Palette or the Huda Beauty "The New Nude" Eyeshadow Palette. There are many different ways to incorporate pink eyeshadow in a flattering way - my favourite being a simple wash of baby pink on the lids; nothing too warm, red, or pigmented. The way I like to wear pink in the eyes, especially when I plan to combine with red lipstick is wearing wearing a pink blush on lids so that my eyes and cheeks are monochromatic, thereby reducing any clashing or competition. I use the Too Faced "Justify My Love" Blush which is the perfect cool-toned baby pink shade. (Full review on the blush here.)
Then, I top it off with my favourite ruby red lipstick, the Too Faced "Lady Balls" Melted Matte Liquid Lipstick (both Too Faced, I just realized!). The deep red compliments beautifully with the soft pink which ground each other and balance each other out. (Full review on the lipstick here.)

Overall, the look imparts a pretty and feminine look that is, at the same time, bold yet chic and super wearable and makes it possible to simaltaneously balance a bold lip with an eyeshadow look!

What do you think about the pink + red colour combination? What colours do you like to pair together?



shop this post.*
*Product links on this page are affiliated links.

4 comments:

  1. This tone of red is so pretty! I love too faced liquid lipsticks they are one of my faves

    Kayla
    Sheer Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s my favourite red! Too Faced always has such a beautiful selection of shades!

      Delete
  2. I'm still yet to try those too faced blushes but I really need to as they look gorgeous!

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their blushes are my favourites! I own all 6 in mini form and they’re all beautiful!

      Delete