What to Use for a Glam Makeup Look.

glam makeup blogger beauty fashion taste mac sila sleek sephora eyeshadow palette

Glam makeup isn't my personal everyday look, but I do appreciate it for those special ocassions where I like to amp up my look a bit more. For me, that means adding more highlight, a more intense eye look, and a vampy lip - basically bold, yet sultry and chic. Here are the products I tend to lean to for a glam makeup look:

For eyeshadow, I like to play up the depth and texture of the eyes. I use the Tarte 'Tartelette In Bloom' Eyeshadow Palette as it contains diversity of shades in terms of tones and depth. There is a variety of those darker shades that range from warm, cool, neutral, and even maroon shades. Thus, there's variety in creating your smokey eye look depending on what you're going for. Overall, this is a very versatile palette that contains forgiving and easy-to-use shadows for a dramatic eye look. Full review on this palette here.
Although, glam makeup isn't glam without some glitter, right? The Stila Glitter & Glow Liquid Eyeshadows are amazing for this as it offers a glittery look that you can either play up or down depending on the amount you apply, all in a very simple and fuss-free fashion. The shade "Kitten Karma" is particulary beautiful as it can be treated as a neutral (not too warm or cool) and pretty much compliments any look. Full review on this here.

For cheeks, I steer away from my usual pinks and go towards the more nude shades such as the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in 'Paaarty' which is more of a dusky, nude pink. Rather than applying it roundly onto the apples of my cheeks, I kind of contour with it to play up the more dramatic glam look. 

Then the highlight. I'm not an avid highlighter wearer (especially powder highlighters) for everyday, but I do like to opt for an intense glow for those special occasions. The Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette is a great kit as it contains a variety of undertones which are intensely pigmented, yet flattering on the skin. Full review on this here.

Finally, the lip. You could go nude to balance out the smokey eyes or you could commit with a bold and deep lipstick. The MAC Cosmetics Lipstick in 'Sin' is impactful and really ties in a glam makeup look. Or, you could just use the lipstick as the focal point of the look without the intense eye. Either way, a deep lip really can complete and define a glam makeup look. 


What are your favourite products to use for a glam makeup look?


shop this post.*

2 comments:

  1. That Tarte eyeshadow palette is so pretty

    Candice | NatalyaAmour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s one of my favourites! Perfect for day and evening!

      Delete