Best of Beauty 2018.

best beauty makeup 2018 review too faced hourglass lipstick eyeshadow maybelline concealer L’Oreal mascara stila blush lipstick

Happy New Year! When comes the new year, also follows the flood of the annual "Best of Beauty" posts and videos as we all recount our favourite and most-used products of the past year. It's honestly one of my favourite posts to read as well as to write as throughout the year we try so many products that it's refreshing to read a condensed roundup of the absolute best of the best. I'll go about with this list the same way I've done in previous years (read 2016 and 2017 lists) and that is to be quite ruthless and only feature my absolute favourite products that are also ones that have been quite new to my collection. So, keep in mind that the products I've mentioned in previous years are still some of my favourite products in general. Here we go!

best beauty makeup 2018 review too faced hourglass lipstick eyeshadow maybelline concealer L’Oreal mascara stila blush lipstick





Eyes.
Out of all the eyeshadow palettes that I have in my collection, my most used in 2018 has been the Too Faced White Peach Palette. I know that this palette has received some controversy in regards to the shade spectrum, but really it's a matter of preference. For me, I adored this palette because it gave me exactly what I wanted: pretty soft shades that can simply be worn on their own as individual washes of colour. It's a palette that I appreciate each and every shade of and have used during all four seasons of 2018.
Full review here.
Speaking of eyeshadow, I must make an honourable mention, albeit it being relatively new addition in my collection: Stila Shimmer & Glow Liquid Eyeshadow in "Kitten". Ever since I purchased it, I've been using it non-stop. Given it's elegant champagne-pink shimmer shade, plus its easy to use application, it's become one of those products I can use anytime and anywhere. 
Full review here.
Topping off the eyes category, I need to mention my frequently mentioned favourite mascara that was also featured in my last year's Best of Beauty list: the L'OrĂ©al Lash Paradise Mascara. It's one of those rare gems that cover all bases: lengthening, volumnizing, thickening, plus holds a curl (waterproof version)!
Full review here.

Complexion.
This year I'm skipping foundation! 2018 was the year where I overthrew my typical complexion routine and really disovered my makeup niche especially in terms of skin (read about my makeup journey here). Therefore, my new routine has forgone foundation (on most days) and instead entails the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer and Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in "Luminous Light". The former provides a beautiful and natural skin-like finish that balances coverage and a lightweight feel; the latter imparts a believable natural "glow from within" that smoothes the skin beautifully. 
Full review on the powder here.

Blush.
This particular blush was not new to me in 2018, but I did finally get the full-sized version of the Too Faced Lover Flush Blush in "Justify My Love" because I love it that much. It's my perfect blush: a cool-toned, baby pink matte blush that instantly refreshens and brightens up your skin, giving a doll-like expression to your face. It's super pretty and is definitely my go-to and most used and loved blush, of perhaps all-time.
Full review here.

Lips.
One feat of 2018 for me was that I finally discovered my perfect red lipstick (it's a big deal, okay!). The Too Faced Melted Matte Liquid Lipstick in "Lady Balls" is the perfect red as it's a deep ruby red with co0l undertones that looks like velvet on the lips. This has definitely been a standout product for me in 2018.
Full review here.

There you have it: my most used and loved products of the past year that have also been mostly new additions to my collection. What was your standout product of 2018?


shop this post.*
*Product links on this page are affiliated links.

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving those stila liquid shadows and I've been a long time fan of the maybelline fit me concealer. x

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Those products are such staples for me!

      Delete